Passing game

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
So I have just a question/observation about last night's performance. I was at the game and it sure seemed that Graham was way off the mark on most throws. Granted accuracy has not been consistent but yesterday was bad. Also seems like we are missing multiple open outlets and locking onto certain reads. However, in many attempts when a blitz was evidently coming we didn't seem to have an easy throw or check down crossing the middle of the field. Am I just missing it? And its there? In general I just wonder what caused such a poor performance or just a one off game?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Happy feet. Too amped up. Too much pressure

Yes. I made same comment that we seemed to miss hot read checks alot and i venture it was another reason johnson was put in. Only so he could mess up the same way which he did and it led to a sack.

Alot to learn in this O and the coaches have not babied them into it.

Heck. I saw one of our players forget to pass set, on a passing down, they went fwd not back. Thats the muscle memory crap collins talks about. The players can deny its there. But when the going gets tough, you are tired, you do resort back. It happened yesterday for sure and probably has all year. I just flat noticed it on this one play

Just gonna be a long time to right the ship on O. Hoping at least two of the true fresh Ol are ready to play from day one.

We cant trott out this ol next year and win much. We just cant.

GTFLETCH

Banned
While some on this board think JG is the future...The Coaching staff future QB is not on the roster..... That is the only way to explain the lack of coaching up...unless you think we already need to replace some of the staff

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
The game just felt different that the last few. Even our defense seemed slow at times to get set. A 12th man rushing to get off the field on time. Just wondering if Pitt did something to provoke the poor play or we just had a bad game

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
It's where we're at right now. There is mental growth that needs to happen to congeal what is being taught into execution. There were certainly opportunities where a better team would convert most of the time despite pressure coming. It didn't help that the run game was caput most of the time. But converting those throws would do wonders for the run game, the flow, the down/distance, field position, momentum, confidence...

I hope we are there next year. Obviously there are gaps on our team in ability, but that's not what's hampering us most right now.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The game just felt different that the last few. Even our defense seemed slow at times to get set. A 12th man rushing to get off the field on time. Just wondering if Pitt did something to provoke the poor play or we just had a bad game
To me, I was at the game, after Carter dropped that pass, it went downhill. Graham never was close after that. Even the long TD was just a heave about as far he could throw it and luckily Brown was faster than his cover guy.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Considering the circumstances, i thought the OL was decent for what we were trying to execute

Graham just had a Freshman who only has 4 starts game yesterday. Not a fan of pulling bc everyone you go thru the growing pains together but i get bc you are still trying to win.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Considering the circumstances, i thought the OL was decent for what we were trying to execute

Graham just had a Freshman who only has 4 starts game yesterday. Not a fan of pulling bc everyone you go thru the growing pains together but i get bc you are still trying to win.

Exactly the OLine wasn’t horrible yesterday. Pitt has a good defense that has generated the most sacks in the ACC. The line did OK.

Graham is a freshman. A freshman that has started four games. FOH with stupid exaggeration.

These “fans” are the worst thing about GT football.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Safe to say we haven't had an accurate passer since JT.. idk where we go from here but watching these games isnt fun at all. Also I'm in favor of sending Pnut back to Temple where he can play against the Uconns of the college football world

Aside from Clemson, one could argue the American has been tougher and better than the ACC and Temple put up 36ppg. Wait until next season when we plug in a few new OL

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Aside from Clemson, one could argue the American has been tougher and better than the ACC and Temple put up 36ppg. Wait until next season when we plug in a few new OL

The American has been a better conference in its totality this year. Hell its better than the ACC and PAC 10. Could give the Big 12 a run too.

Scubapro

Banned
We have an Ole Miss Transfer and a Vandy Transfer along with a TE from UConn starting.... I am tired of hearing that this OLine is not D1.... The issue us we need P5 Coaching....
I get the idea of giving this staff time to develop, recruit their players, get time in the film/weight room...BUT I just don't see PatenFraude doing anything to give us hope for the future. His offense makes mental mistakes and yes...missed blocks, dropped passes, fumbles and missed throws are mental mistakes. The whole idea of waiting three years for them to get their sheet together is garbage.