Overall disappointing year for GT athletics in all sports

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This has been a disappointing year for GT athletics. Even the golf team was down this past year. I can't think of one varsity sport that has achieved much this year--maybe volleyball and individual tennis. Team sports have not been good. Has the addition of Notre Dame and Louisville moved us farther down in the pecking order of the ACC? We have been competitive in football until last year. I can accept 7 or 8 wins but 3-9 was not fun. Other teams are sliding farther down. I was hopeful for baseball this past year but unlikely we do much in the tournament with no pitching depth.

Well, although it's a club sport at Tech, the Tech Lacrosse team had an undefeated regular season and made it to the Final Four nationally. So all is not bad. They had 2 1st team, 2 2nd team, and 1 honorable mention All Americans on the team. And they beat the mutts 19-8. Since it's a club sport, it doesn't get what little notoriety that the schools with "official" teams have, but it's still quite an accomplishment.

http://laxteams.net/gt/

Club sports are not in the same conversation with varsity sports. Club sports are closer to intramurals than varsity sports.
Tell that to the kids who play those club sports and spend out of their own pocket to be able to play. They're every bit as important as the varsity sports in my mind, because those kids are TRUE student athletes.