Over/under on sacks

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
The sack record for a season is 45 set in 90 and 91. Last year, we had 20 according to the media guide. Now that we know who we will have playing this year on D, what is the over and under. Green and Nealy combined for 3 sacks last year, so 17 of the 20 are returning. How many more does an older Freeman, Gotsis, Davis, and Marcordes (the top 4 sackers last year) get? How many do Days and Whitehead add?

I start the bidding with 34, one additional sack per game over last year.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The sack record for a season is 45 set in 90 and 91. Last year, we had 20 according to the media guide. Now that we know who we will have playing this year on D, what is the over and under. Green and Nealy combined for 3 sacks last year, so 17 of the 20 are returning. How many more does an older Freeman, Gotsis, Davis, and Marcordes (the top 4 sackers last year) get? How many do Days and Whitehead add?

I start the bidding with 34, one additional sack per game over last year.
I will double it 40

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Assuming a 14 game season, I'll go with 37. If only 13 games, 35.

I'm not sure you can have a half sack when looking at team totals.
What if 3 guys all contribute on a sack...do they each get 1/2 sacks for a team total of 1.5, or do they pick the most obvious 2 players and that's it? Genuinely curious here, I've never paid enough attention to how plays are scored on half tackles and sacks.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
What if 3 guys all contribute on a sack...do they each get 1/2 sacks for a team total of 1.5, or do they pick the most obvious 2 players and that's it? Genuinely curious here, I've never paid enough attention to how plays are scored on half tackles and sacks.
I think in a group sack, the scorer picks the two that contribute most in their opinion.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
This question isn't worded properly so my Magic 8 ball can answer.

magic-8-ball.jpg