Over / Under for the Alcorn game

Jmonty71

Banned
I know we are about 2 weeks out. But, I will be on vacation until the game... So, I will not look at my computer. Or at least that's the plan.

Points scored against Alcorn - 45
Points allowed against Alcorn - 20
Total offense - 400 yards
Yards allowed - 250 yard
Number of punts forced - 3

Personally I think we score 35, in the half and then let the 2nd and 3rd string play. Because of that, the points allowed will be near 20.. I think we should gauge the team based on the first half. We go into the 3rd qtr up 38-7. But end the game 45 to 20.

Thoughts?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Points scored over
Points allowed under I hope but he may play a lot of players
Total yards over
Total yards allowed under
Forced punts 3

I think we play more players then points we score.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we are about 2 weeks out. But, I will be on vacation until the game... So, I will not look at my computer. Or at least that's the plan.

Points scored against Alcorn - 45
Points allowed against Alcorn - 20
Total offense - 400 yards
Yards allowed - 250 yard
Number of punts forced - 3

I think we win 42-21. We have 515 yards of offense, allow a couple of big plays and they get 280 yards, and we force 5 punts.

So under, over, over, over, over.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don’t get into point spreads, over/under and such.

My concern is that T.M. will play more snaps than necessary without backups getting near enough live game action.

Jmonty71

Banned
I don’t get into point spreads, over/under and such.

My concern is that T.M. will play more snaps than necessary without backups getting near enough live game action.
Typically, I would agree. A (W) is a (W). However; if we have a thin or difficult W against Alcorn and I think the fan base and (staff) would go into panic mode. Although, I seem to recall.. One of the best seasons, on my H.S. team started with a narrow win over a team that was awful. It gave us a wake up call, I suppose. But, for the bowls... narrow Ws over teams like Alcorn ends up looking bad.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Typically, I would agree. A (W) is a (W). However; if we have a thin or difficult W against Alcorn and I think the fan base and (staff) would go into panic mode. Although, I seem to recall.. One of the best seasons, on my H.S. team started with a narrow win over a team that was awful. It gave us a wake up call, I suppose. But, for the bowls... narrow Ws over teams like Alcorn ends up looking bad.

I agree, but why in the name of all that is Holy should we - going into year 11 of CPJ have a narrow win over Alcorn? THAT would be disgraceful regardless of bowl implications later on.

In year 11, is our depth so very lacking due to our recruiting that our players do not have an infinitely tougher time in practice than a game against Alcorn?

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
to your second point- 2014 started out with narrow wins over Wofford, Tulane, and Ga Southern.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Points under. And if you can find that spread of 20 points for the over under for alcorn, I'd vmbet a NICE sum on the under. This defense will want to have fun with alcorn. I doubt they pass the 50 yard line by half. They may cross it twice in the game. Maybe 3 times. And I'd dare to say by the end of the 3rd quarter they have only scored 3.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Points scored against Alcorn - Over
Points allowed against Alcorn - Under
Total offense - Over
Yards allowed - Over
Number of punts forced - Over

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
And one of our worst seasons started with us dismembering Alcorn State.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Points scored against Alcorn - 45 --> OVER
Points allowed against Alcorn - 20 --> UNDER
Total offense - 400 yards --> OVER
Yards allowed - 250 yard --> over?
Number of punts forced - 3 --> OVER

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
O U O O O

48-17. They punch one in at the end of the 1Q that has everybody freaking out about the defense. And then another in the 4Q that everybody ignores because our scrubs are in.