Outdoor Adventures 2019

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
So how did everyone spend time outdoors in 2019? Anybody do any hunting, fishing or exploration? I think it's important that we balance our lives spent online and outdoors.

For me: I had a great summer in West Virginia working for an ecology company, I had to opportunity to catch native Brook Trout and big stocker Rainbows. I had a banner year for Largemouth bass and continue to get better every year. I was able to shoot my biggest buck to date with my bow on November 1st. A mid 130's 8 pointer. It was a great year for me outdoors speaking.

Please share how it went for you!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I sneak away to the Gulf Coast of Florida any chance I get to do saltwater fishing. Didn't get to go down as much last year as I would have liked due to work, but making it a point to expand my fisheries in 2020. Welcome all suggestions for anyone who has great fishing spots (Don't worry, I'll keep them a secret). I have a Key West trip this spring with my buddies.

Planning on a road trip to some national parks plus camping/hiking in Colorado. Will probably do some trout fishing along the way because I can't see a body of water without throwing a line in.

I'm not much for hunting, but LOVE to hike and camp.

Would love to do a GTSwarm fishing and/or camping trip sometime.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I sneak away to the Gulf Coast of Florida any chance I get to do saltwater fishing. Didn't get to go down as much last year as I would have liked due to work, but making it a point to expand my fisheries in 2020. Welcome all suggestions for anyone who has great fishing spots (Don't worry, I'll keep them a secret). I have a Key West trip this spring with my buddies.

Planning on a road trip to some national parks plus camping/hiking in Colorado. Will probably do some trout fishing along the way because I can't see a body of water without throwing a line in.

I'm not much for hunting, but LOVE to hike and camp.

Would love to do a GTSwarm fishing and/or camping trip sometime.
Deep sea fishing is something I wish I could do more. I'd totally be down for a Swarm fishing trip somewhere

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So how did everyone spend time outdoors in 2019? Anybody do any hunting, fishing or exploration? I think it's important that we balance our lives spent online and outdoors.

For me: I had a great summer in West Virginia working for an ecology company, I had to opportunity to catch native Brook Trout and big stocker Rainbows. I had a banner year for Largemouth bass and continue to get better every year. I was able to shoot my biggest buck to date with my bow on November 1st. A mid 130's 8 pointer. It was a great year for me outdoors speaking.

Please share how it went for you!
I go trout fishing 2 or 3 times a year (one of the perks living near the North GA mountains) and I also went Striper fishing with a guide this year on Lake Hartwell. We caught the limit in about an hour so that was fun. I didn't get a deer this year, but my dad shot a nice 10 ptr.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I killed a nice 8 pt myself. I did not score it, but it was nice enough to do a European mount.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Great topic!
I shot a turkey in the spring with a decent beard, I didn't measure it, but strangely the bird had no spurs. He was a full grown gobbler. I shot a decent 8 point white-tail early in the season and I passed up several larger 8 points later in the season hoping my son would get a chance to see a nice buck. I usually kill at least 2 deer, but not this year. We have been invaded by wild hogs over the last 10 years and they are getting worse each year. I attempted to put a dent in them this year by shooting four (which put a damper on my deer hunting), but sadly there are still way too many where I hunt. I love to deep sea fish, but I no longer have access to a large enough boat. I did get some speckled trout fishing in, but nothing to get excited about. This year I plan to go Elk hunting for the first time, if I get drawn. I'm thinking about taking up bow hunting again to hit the early elk season to increase my chances. Any advice on a good bow would be much appreciated.