1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Outdoor Adventures 2019

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Gtbowhunter90, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

So how did everyone spend time outdoors in 2019? Anybody do any hunting, fishing or exploration? I think it's important that we balance our lives spent online and outdoors.

For me: I had a great summer in West Virginia working for an ecology company, I had to opportunity to catch native Brook Trout and big stocker Rainbows. I had a banner year for Largemouth bass and continue to get better every year. I was able to shoot my biggest buck to date with my bow on November 1st. A mid 130's 8 pointer. It was a great year for me outdoors speaking.

Please share how it went for you!

91Wreck and THWG like this.
  2. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

I sneak away to the Gulf Coast of Florida any chance I get to do saltwater fishing. Didn't get to go down as much last year as I would have liked due to work, but making it a point to expand my fisheries in 2020. Welcome all suggestions for anyone who has great fishing spots (Don't worry, I'll keep them a secret). I have a Key West trip this spring with my buddies.

Planning on a road trip to some national parks plus camping/hiking in Colorado. Will probably do some trout fishing along the way because I can't see a body of water without throwing a line in.

I'm not much for hunting, but LOVE to hike and camp.

Would love to do a GTSwarm fishing and/or camping trip sometime.

3. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

Deep sea fishing is something I wish I could do more. I'd totally be down for a Swarm fishing trip somewhere

4. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I go trout fishing 2 or 3 times a year (one of the perks living near the North GA mountains) and I also went Striper fishing with a guide this year on Lake Hartwell. We caught the limit in about an hour so that was fun. I didn't get a deer this year, but my dad shot a nice 10 ptr.

5. 91Wreck

91Wreck Helluva Engineer

I killed a nice 8 pt myself. I did not score it, but it was nice enough to do a European mount.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

6. southernhive

southernhive Helluva Engineer

Great topic!
    I shot a turkey in the spring with a decent beard, I didn't measure it, but strangely the bird had no spurs. He was a full grown gobbler. I shot a decent 8 point white-tail early in the season and I passed up several larger 8 points later in the season hoping my son would get a chance to see a nice buck. I usually kill at least 2 deer, but not this year. We have been invaded by wild hogs over the last 10 years and they are getting worse each year. I attempted to put a dent in them this year by shooting four (which put a damper on my deer hunting), but sadly there are still way too many where I hunt. I love to deep sea fish, but I no longer have access to a large enough boat. I did get some speckled trout fishing in, but nothing to get excited about. This year I plan to go Elk hunting for the first time, if I get drawn. I'm thinking about taking up bow hunting again to hit the early elk season to increase my chances. Any advice on a good bow would be much appreciated.