Our stadium

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Turn the upper North into a funzone- bars, foodie area, beer-garden, zipline, mini golf, Rock climbing wall, giant waterslide into a pool, ninja course, playground.....

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Whenever anyone I talk to brings up Truist Park, they inevitably bring up the Battery. And their eyes light up.

Tear down the Wardlaw Center and replace it with North Ave facing bars and restaurants that have a field view. You should be able to have a beer, a brat and see the game. The rest of the stadium needs a massive refresh, particularly the suites. In fact, the biggest problem with BDS is not enough suites to sell. That's revenue lost.
Now that is the best idea that I've seen lately! Expensive, but it would align with what MBS does for the game experience.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Remove the Upper North and allow the new Edge Center some more room for Expansion that way. Remove Bleachers, add in MBS Style fold down seats. Put the Band in the South Endzone. Student section only in lower north. Reduce Capacity to 42-45,000 range. Games will look more full and still be good environments without needing 20,000 opposing fans.
1656090560498.png

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
How much delay in stadium improvement is BoR as well as the ADA "grandfather clause" for the West Stand responsible for? Money is an issue I agree, but the "debt" is just on paper. No bank is gonna come in and take over the stadium or athletic department.

AKABuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Instead of trying to copy Truist or Mercedes Benz, why not innovate? Install zip lines on nearby structures. Before and after games, allow fans to zip down to the field. Use them as a tourist attraction whenever the field is not in use.

install a rail around the top of the stands Put “cars” on the rails that act as suites that slowly rotate around the stadium similar to the way the sundial restaurant does (did?) on top of the Westin.

Convert the area underneath the stadium, where the old seats used to be, into underground parking, an arcade, or some other use. Convert part of the field into a big hydraulically controlled “stage” that could be raised for concerts and lowered and covered with sod for football games

Include bingo style cards with each ticket. Tie the numbers to on field actions- sacks running yards, passing yards, points, etc. Cards could be sponsored and prizes given out.

Have concessions delivered by drones and robots. Have drawing for select ticket holders to ride jet packs around the stadium.

For gosh sakes, we need innovative ideas, not simply repeating what other have done. Remember, We Are Ga Tech!

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think the in game experience is all that much of a make or break these days. More fans are just enjoying the home experience with friends than being at the game unless it's a big time game with a marquee opponent.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Some pretty unique, costly ideas for a stadium that only has 5 major events a year. So say we're going to play Kennesaw State at 12 O clock in early September. Where do you think most fans and probably players, would enjoy themselves more. I'm not getting into a climate change discussion, but the heat can be brutal particularly in the East Stands. I don't have any inside information, but I understand we made money playing UNC in MBS and didn't sell it out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Some pretty unique, costly ideas for a stadium that only has 5 major events a year. So say we're going to play Kennesaw State at 12 O clock in early September. Where do you think most fans and probably players, would enjoy themselves more. I'm not getting into a climate change discussion, but the heat can be brutal particularly in the East Stands. I don't have any inside information, but I understand we made money playing UNC in MBS and didn't sell it out.
I don't disagree with you, but personally, I really enjoyed the Game Day experience. Get up, read Furman Bisher in the AJC, the cook at the fraternity house would put out a spread and the alumni would dribble in. Cocktails on the lawn. And then, amble down to Grant Field (it wasn't BDS then), preferably to sit in the Flash Cards section. Souvenir cups and Jack n'Coke. Back to the lawn and later, dinner at Bennigan's and hopefully, cuddling up to a coed to celebrate a win and console a loss.

Properly done, it is a wonderful experience.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
It has been truly depressing watching Tech crowd sizes at Bobby Dodd dwindle from circa 2006 to now. And I think that this coming year will be the worst we have seen in terms of turnout in a long, LONG time. I'm not opposed to getting rid of the upper north at this point. Literally only serves opposing fans for the majority of games these days.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It has been truly depressing watching Tech crowd sizes at Bobby Dodd dwindle from circa 2006 to now. And I think that this coming year will be the worst we have seen in terms of turnout in a long, LONG time. I'm not opposed to getting rid of the upper north at this point. Literally only serves opposing fans for the majority of games these days.
... Not true, there is a sizable group up there including many here on gtswarm.com .

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We make revenue from their dollars. Give Tech fans a game to look forward to, be competitive, and make it fun and fans will show up. We missed a good opportunity last season. After the Duke game we should have moved our game against Georgia into the MBS. Everyone knew they would show up strong with their fan support. We could have sold 70,000 tickets vs 55,000 tickets and had a huge payday.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
We make revenue from their dollars. Give Tech fans a game to look forward to, be competitive, and make it fun and fans will show up. We missed a good opportunity last season. After the Duke game we should have moved our game against Georgia into the MBS. Everyone knew they would show up strong with their fan support. We could have sold 70,000 tickets vs 55,000 tickets and had a huge payday.
The minute we move cofh to mbs is the moment the pups refuse to play in Bobby Dodd

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Why do people want to take out the North Stands? That is an extra 10-15,000 seats for any other event that is held at BDS@HGF. They really need to start a summer concert series.
That is one of my points. Since the two concerts that were cancelled because of Covid, everything has gone to the MBS. I just wonder if either we've given up, we're not trying hard enough or we just can't get the concerts. Those would help with our revenue. With the World Cup coming to Atlanta, I don't think we can get any matches due to our artificial turf. I'm pretty sure they want real grass and I would hate to see Athens get a game since they use real grass.