1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Our society is in shambles

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, Jul 30, 2018.

1. GTBandman

GTBandman Ramblin' Wreck

Put a dwag sticker on the side.

2. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

3. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Sure seems like you missed a few seasons since Colin cancer went rampant.
    comments are numbered so i can respond directly by comment
    1) Nah, the owners were pissed off and mad (except for a few leftwing nutjobs), most were too afraid of pc media to speak out.
    2) It's not Trump's job to mollycoddle NFL players
    3) You rarely see this now. wonder why?
    4) trump did the right thing and handled the situation brilliantly. Owners didn't immediately get heartburn (they only lost some ticket sales and online merchandising) but the networks did when they had to reimburse ad dollars as TV views declined. TV contract renewal is still a few years away. Networks brought the pressure that caused the owners to finally take action. Trump kicked all of their butts with only a few tweets. (pretty cost efficeint method don't u think?)

4. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

#2 He could have this or that
    #3 How did any of this help ?
    Wow, I don’t remember saying #2 or #3 but I do drink from time to time so maybe I was completely intoxicated on that date.

GT_EE78 likes this.
  5. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

shortening/simplyfying helped me to remember what i wanted to respond to.. plus i hate "click to expand"
    i've written a couple i didn't remember,seems worse than it really is with hangover

6. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

>> dang, who knew those Mormons were fun lovers
    University of Utah Offers Students Sexual ‘Pleasure Packs’ for Valentine’s Day
    The University of Utah offered its students free “pleasure packs” ahead of Valentine’s Day, which even included condoms, lubricants, and oral dams, as well as a delivery service straight to students’ dorm rooms.
    https://www.breitbart.com/education...nts-sexual-pleasure-packs-for-valentines-day/

7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I heard before that our dorms have bowls full of condoms in the main social areas. Disgusting. And we wonder why 100 fricking million Americans have STDs.

8. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Geez, in my day u needed quarters to get one in the toilet at a gas station

9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Or buy them at a store or get them from the GT health infirmary. Jeez.

10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The intolerant bigot mob is at it again.

12. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

some of these violent liberals are just beyond belief. Who is Kaitlin Bennett?

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

She is a young (25-ish) right wing political activist as best I can tell.

14. Lotta Juice

Lotta Juice Helluva Engineer

She's found a way to monetize playing the conservative victim and just being a **** stirrer. She tries to insert herself into locations and places just to incite reactions from people to make good right wing outrage TV. She's awful and should not be given attention. This cop seemed to call her on her act pretty well while she's badgering people at a Pride parade.

It doesn't surprise me she receives death threats on twitter and those are indefensible.....but twitter is the worst and that is the platform she's found to garner attention. Any person of a certain amount of fame is likely going to receive death threats and fame is exactly what she's chasing

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I watched the entire video and didn't see any evidence she was harassing or badgering people. Political activist journalists go to protests and events all the time. I was guessing she was probably a mini-Ann Coulter - asking and saying provocative things to get attention and followers. But its not an excuse for assault, death threats, and more.

I feel the same way about the other side - when they go to right wing events and ask their stupid biased questions, they rightly should be laughed at and made fun of. But nobody should be assaulted and threatened.

16. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Oh, just like that Acosta fellow on CNN then just on the opposite side of the political spectrum. I agree, folks like that should never be given attention and while I don't condone threats against them, it is sorta understandable, huh?

But I *can* guess where she learned her methods....all one has to do is watch some of the liberal "reporters" to see the same behavior.

17. Lotta Juice

No, that wasn't IN the video, just referenced by the officer. And can likely be surmised what a camera crew using an INFO WARS watermark is doing

18. Lotta Juice

That's the game in media these days. Unfortunately it's not "good TV" to watch reasonable people from either side discuss the nuances of their positions and that they may see validity in the others' argument they just disagree on how they get there. That doesn't get clicks. That doesn't get retweets. That is much less likely to get shared on a message board with a comment of "the reasonable left makes some valid arguments but I disagree with their assumptions". No, instead it's "LOOK AT THE VIOLENT LEFT AGAIN!". That's exactly what she's going for.

19. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Nobthats not what the officer was saying. The officer was saying what’s the point, it just causing trouble to be there.

20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well maybe when someone asks you questions you don’t assault them or threaten them?