1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Our society is in shambles

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, Jul 30, 2018.

1. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Interesting that none of our Progressive bloggers seem to be here defending this. But they will vote for the left anyway....

GT_05 likes this.
  2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

We had this discussion when Doug Jones was elected over the perv in Alabama. They asked how anybody would vote for Ol Roy and I said I’d vote 3rd party. Doug Jones said he supported abortion at any point along the way. I asked how they could vote for that and they called it fake news even though it’s in video and I linked to it. So who knows - I don’t think they’re in favor of the policy. I think they just ignore it and look the other way.

3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Morning after pill. Regardless of manner of conception this readily available drug nearly invalidated any need to abort a fetus later.

The only rare exception to this that comes to mind would be an incident similar to the recent rape of the comatose lady by a nurse.

4. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Truly, there can be rare exceptions where late term abortions make sense, in particular, if the fetus is no longer viable (e.g., it is already dead). It would be cruel beyond words to make a woman who wanted a child but has lost it for whatever reason in this manner to carry it through to delivery.

Beyond that, only in other extremely rare cases where some terrible abnormality is not detected until very late could there be a reasonable discussion.

But elective abortions beyond 6 months seem ridiculous and indefensible.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  5. Whiskey_Clear

Exactly

6. Whiskey_Clear

7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

So the Virginia Governor supports laws that allow abortion for any reason right up until birth and that’s okay. But if you find an offensive picture of him from his school days nearly 40 years ago, THEN he must resign. Sad.

cyclejacket and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  9. Whiskey_Clear

And his quote actually indicated postpartum abortion...after birth occurs....i.e.....infanticide.

And the libs want to preach about protecting lives.....man please.

GT_05 and bwelbo like this.
  10. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

"Exposure," the practice of leaving small children out in the elements, as well as primitive abortion was regularly practiced in the ancient world. It only changed under the influence of Christianity.

11. Whiskey_Clear

THWG and bwelbo like this.
  12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

It starts early in what they’re taught. It’s the central plank in a political platform for probably 40% of the country.

13. Whiskey_Clear

We are all just a mass of cancerous cells.

14. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I feel like this more and more. Sad.

Take this story about the Empire actor. When I first read it I told my wife, "That just sounds too perfect."

A couple guys attack a gay black man, shouting racial slurs, shouting homophobic stuff ... oh, oh and, to top it off, wore MAGA hats.

Please. Why? Who was he to ever deserve, for lack of a better word, that kind of attention/threat anyway?

I hope he serves time. As the CHI police chief said, he took advantage of the pain of racism to try to boost his shoddy career. The unfortunate blowback of this is that real injustices will go unpunished because folks will say, "Aw this is just another Smollett situation."

This is the kind of crap that hinders justice being served when people are truly wronged.

GT_05, Milwaukee and bwelbo like this.
  15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

What good does it do to put him in prison if he has a psychological problem? I’d much rather try to get him counseling to get at what’s eating him inside. And maybe have him reimburse the city for 2x the cost of investigating.

These fake attacks give people (someignorant, Some willfully ignorant) an excuse to poo poo all the real racism and attacks, which do happen. If you click through this link you’ll see several dozen examples cited, and no just the one in the headline.

16. kg01

Wait, what psychological problem? IIUC he was upset at his salary and diminished role on his show. Tried to drum up interest through the fake threat and fake attack.

Milwaukee likes this.
  17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

That’s true, but I would argue there is something wrong with him. Who that is normal does that? Maybe I’m too idealistic.

18. kg01

Ding, ding, ding ... :D

I'd say money and greed make "normal" people do stupids.

Yeah I said, "do stupids" and I stand by that phrasing.

19. Whiskey_Clear

Did he know right from wrong? If so he is of sound mind to be prosecuted. Why charge anyone for anything with this kind of reasoning? Let anarchy ensue.

awbuzz and Milwaukee like this.
  20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Is it his first offense? Watch, I highly doubt he gets jail time, but of course I could be wrong.