1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Our society is in shambles

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, Jul 30, 2018.

1. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Yeah, I've had the same experience.

2. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

It is getting to be very difficult to take you seriously, but here are just a few examples of abusive rhetoric from CNN:
    http://digg.com/video/don-lemon-calls-trump-racist

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...hose-who-oppose-hate-are-on-the-side-of-right

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...raitor-for-attacking-former-national-security
    (Brennan is now employed as a paid contributor by CNN)

https://dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/for-chris-cillizza-here-are-five-fake-stories-cnn-pushed/

I can't be bothered to get more since at this point you appear to simply be a single-minded partisan based on your refusal to condemn Menendez and support is Rpeuplican opponent. However, the fact that others can make statements like James Cromwell and NOP ONE on CNN condemns that violent rhetoric reinforces the case that the media is biased and one-sided in this whole debate.

3. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

Thanks for your two cents even though your opinions are worth less.

4. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

Bill Maher said that Trump is a traitor on his own show and that means that CNN is partaking in abusive rhetoric because one of their contributors was there? Talk about a reach. I guess every guest of Bill Maher is responsible for and agrees with what Bill Maher says, even if they are conservative, huh?

5. A Love Supreme

I honestly dont know much about Menendez. He will probably lose and deserve it because of his corruption. It seems like corruption is a bipartisan thing in New Jersey.

No one made statements on CNN like Cromwell did. I see that you are trying but what you said is fake news. I'm not surprised, your master Donald Trump is the world wide leader of fake news. With all of your hatred for CNN, are you really trying to justify what the mail bomber did? It seems like it. That's sad, disgusting and disturbing. You still can't admit that the mail bomber is a inspired Trump supporter. He clearly is a Trump supporter. But I understand. You live in your own alternate universe where Trump and conservatives can do no wrong, the liberal media is biased and out to get you. You and all conservatives will always be the victim.

6. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Do you really think he is trying to justify what the mail bomber did? Do you really think that is a reasonable possibility?

Look in the mirror and embrace what you've become.

7. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I guess calling Trump a traitor and a racist, comparing him to Hitler, and insulting his supporters is all just hunky dory and great stuff to say and isn't nearly as bad as....what...calling liers the "enemy of the people"? Biased news media is nothing more than propaganda. Propaganda is indeed bad for voters in a democracy. I happen to think calling someone a traitor and racist is indeed abusive and contemptuous language. Perhaps you don't.

I also think that criticizing Trump's language when you are silent about language like Cromwell's is irresponsible.

I suppose there is simply no accounting for tastes.

I give up with you. I had hoped you might really be reasonable. I see what Trump is...warts and all. What is truly shocking to me is the inability of liberals to see how badly they behave compared to conservatives. But then, perhaps you are one of the younger liberals who think that it's OK to be violent as long as it is against conservatives....

8. A Love Supreme

He wont acknowledge that the bomber was a Trump supporter, inspired by Trump's rhetoric. He said it "is nothing but conjecture and speculation of the WORST kind."

9. A Love Supreme

I guess you enjoy making up stuff. You said that liberal guests on CNN said that they wanted to send troops to the White House and there will be blood on the streets. I simply pointed out that this was not said on CNN. This doesn't mean I endorse what Cromwell said lol. I didn't know who he was until a couple days ago. His comments are dumb and probably deserve a secret service visit, but I think the president has more power and influence than some actor most people have never heard of. Do you not think the president of the United States has more power and influence than some actor? You seriously don't think Trump's words mean more than some actor? Really??
    You still have yet to acknowledge the mail bomber and the fact that he is a Trump supporter and was inspired by him. You keep deflecting talking about how much you hate CNN.
    By the way, I've never called Trump a racist, a traitor or compared him to Hitler. All of that is dumb and a waste of time. You just think that I agree with that because I don't agree with you that CNN is the "enemy of the people." When have I said or endorsed violence against conservatives? Again, you making things up. Do you always do this and make up ridiculous things about people that don't agree with you? And I'm going to need a more mature answer than "but liberals do it all time."
    But you may not be capable of that.

10. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

So, he disagrees with blaming the president and his rhetoric for the bomber? You think that equals justifying the bomber?

Smdh immature

Milwaukee likes this.
  11. A Love Supreme

Funny that you are the one talking about maturity. Since you speak right wing and want to join in, interrupt what he meant when he said:

"CNN reporters and commentators have called a Trump and his supporters racist, claimed he radicalized more people than ISIS, called him a traitor and constantly refer to him as a lier....their liberal guests say things like they dream of blowing up the White House, that they want to send troops to get Trump, and if Republicans win there will be blood in the streets....CNN has not only never denounced this language they have defended ANTIFA as legitimate protestors despite their assuaging people and destroying property.....just to name a few off the top of my mind. How can you not see that kind of vicious attack constantly will mobilize some crazy people to action? If you cannot see that, I don’t know what to say...."

12. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Let’s see here:
    A. CNN reporters and commentators have called The Maniac racist: TRUE
    B. CNN reporters and commentators have called The Maniac’s supporters racists: TRUE
    C. .... claimed he radicalized more people than ISIS: TRUE
    D. .... refer to him as a Liar: TRUE
    E. Liberal guests say they dream of blowing up the White House: Mostly TRUE- on CNN but not ON CNN’S HOME TURF
    F. ....they want to send troops to get The Maniac: II’ll calll this false because I don’t have time to research
    G. If Pubs win there will be blood in the streets: TRUE
    H. CNN has never denounced the rhetoric: Have not watched every minute of their broadcasts, but at a minimum NEARLY 100% TRUE
    I. CNN defends ANTIFA as legitimate: TRUE

FAKE NEW FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS: ONLY 4 OF 7 ARE 100% TRUE, 2 ARE 95% TRUE & 1 IT PROBABLY HAPPENED

Some of you guys probably think my comments regarding Liberal Marxist dogma is radical crazy talk. Go examine the actions & the tactics and educate yourselves. There’s a real battle going on here & Liberals are painting extreme radicals as mainstream and it’s entering the mainstream of our national dialogue much like the Nazis did in the 30’s. It’s really not something to be taken lightly. Crap like this is just symptomatic of how the radicals are trying to alter the political landscape & the uneducated and unaware are too busy with their daily lives to understand they’re being co-opted for purposes they do not fathom.

Milwaukee, JacketGirl and GT_05 like this.
  13. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

FYI, this was said by Joy Behar on The View, iirc....when asked if she would troops to the border, her response was that she would rather send troops to the White House to get Trump.

I am SURE that the moderates like @A Love Supreme on CNN must have denounced her rhetoric, but...I missed it

14. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I am sure you meant interpret.....but I am genuinely confused by your question. I think the inference is pretty clear that there is incendiary language used in the media and by left wing politicians every day and that this has contributed GREATLY to the climate that creates shooters who go to baseball games to kill politicians and idiot bombers who send mail packages out.

To ask the question more plainly....if the mail bomber was Trump's fault, whose fault was it when the guy went to shoot Republicans at the ballpark?

15. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

There I go believing there was 1 falsehood to hang their hat on. Pinocchio’s nose just got another foot longer. I should have known better.

16. WreckinGT

True. Republicans are very non violent and rational. Take this guy for example who is a pretty good representation of that cesspool of a party:

17. A Love Supreme

Yeah I'm sure there are millions of Americans who are inspired by and care what comedian Joy Behar has to say. lol. Sorry to disappoint you but I don't look up to Hollywood actors for political commentary. It's obvious that you give them more power and credit than any politician and even the president. That's really stupid but that's your prerogative I guess. To answer your question (since you refuse or incapable to answer mine), Trump obviously can't and shouldn't get indicted for the MAGA bomber. But the guy was motivated to do something with all the hateful rhetoric and many false statements Trump says against CNN and Democrats (rhetoric in which you agree with). So much so he decided to commit that act of terror on his own. The POTUS should be held to a higher standard. I know you don't agree. You think the higher standard should only apply when a Democrat is in office. It seems to me like the Congressional baseball shooter was a angry frustrated liberal who did a horrible thing trying to kill Republicans. He was probably still mad about the 2016 election. I'm sure he will be in jail for the rest of his life, and rightfully so.
    See, I am capable of recognizing wrong done by someone on the right and someone on the left. You are so blinded by your partisanship that you are incapable of doing that. You fall in line just like all Republicans. You act like there is no violence coming from the right at all. You act like there is no incendiary language coming from the right wing media and right wing politicians. Maybe you don't think so because you agree with what they say. You don't denounce any of Trump's rhetoric because you agree with him and you follow him. You are a Trump disciple. As a Trump disciple, he has taught you that you are constantly being attacked and you should be angry and fearful. Also, you will always be the victim. How are you able to live like that? Are you happy or sad living this life of fear and being a victim?

18. A Love Supreme

19. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Well, this all made me smile, to be honest.

No, I am not filled with anger, hate or fear. I am actually a very happy and content person. I have friends of all persuasions and political beliefs....primarily because I respect other people's opinions as long as we share common core values like hard work and honesty. I don't have many partisan friends on either side of the aisle because I do find most partisans are unwilling to even engage others in dialogue, much less listen.

I will give you credit for continuing a civil dialogue (which I appreciate).

You do misstate my stands and opinions, however. What I have been trying to get you to see, in as many ways as I can, is that there is horrific dialogue on the left. I do not deny that there is also inflammatory rhetoric on the right. But to solely blame the President (of either party) for actions under his leadership when media coverage is 94% negative and biased (per Harvard, not Fox News) is hypocritical.

I don't believe I have ever stated that the right or the President is never wrong. What I have contested is the view you have disseminated that this issue is solely (or even primarily) his responsibility. I used the idiot who shot at Republicans as an example...I noticed you never said who was at fault for his rampage other than he himself. I agree, just as I agree that just because A Trump supporter goes oin a rampage it is not solely Trump's fault.

In truth, neither Bernie Sanders nor Donald Trump is responsible for the crazy actions of a couple of lunatic idiots. Ultimately, only those lunatics are responsible for their actions and no one else.

But, you seem intent of blaming Mr. Trump. Only. Never admitting that the media, and the left wing of the Democrat party, both have contributed mightily to a vitriolic political climate. That the email bomber was an idiotic Trump supporter is undeniable, certainly. But to lay blame at Trump's feet without also acknowledging the role of the left as the President of CNN attempted to do is incorrect (and that is being polite). You wish to hold Mr. Trump to a "higher standard". That is a canard from the left that is being used to try to make their case. No, I don't agree that the President is somehow supposed to rise above that. In more civilized times, when the criticism was less intense, less personal, and news coverage more balanced...then yes. But that is not today's world. By your (Progressive's) making.

20. WreckinGT

Comparing the pipe bomber to the Scalise shooter in an effort to excuse Trumps violent rhetoric has to be the best mental gymnastics by conservatives in some time.