1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Our society is in shambles

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Milwaukee, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Wow

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

It’s illegal to tamper with eagle eggs or loggerhead turtle eggs. Horses can sue. But unborn babies.................. we are going to Hell in a hand basket.

GT_05 likes this.
  4. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

There are a lot more people than Eagles or loggerhead turtles. If people were an endangered species, abortion would be illegal

5. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

This is garbage. Horrible representation being provided. The horse obviously wishes to seek multi millions rather than a measly 100k. This is animal discrimination and I demand a million horse march on Washington be organized.

#horsesarepeopletoo!

Milwaukee, bwelbo and GT_05 like this.
  6. Milwaukee

7. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The reason more of these scumbags aren’t incarcerated is we don’t have enough jails. They have to let them go because there’s not enough space for them plus all the others that deserved to be locked up. I wonder how many more innocent girls need to lose their lives before we figure this out.

Now I’ll wait for the do-gooders to tell us it’s our fault for not providing him with something he needed and I’m just a mean person.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  8. Milwaukee

It doesn't mention it in that particular article but from the other articles I'm seeing about this it looks like he raped her as well, or sexually assaulted her in some manner.

9. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

So this guy, and guys like him, definitely deserve a jail cell if not a ride on Old Sparky. However, the US locks up more people per capita than any country on the planet. So, is the US full of a bunch of bad folks or do the other countries just not lock up as many as they should?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

We incarcerate a zillion people on drug related charges, so that’s part of it. Another part of it is that our violent crime rate is the envy of the world. Most of Europe is 2-4x higher than here. I’m guessing that the number of guns and number of prisons has something to do with that. And as far as the developing world, I think many times they mete out justice in the streets.

GT_05 likes this.
  11. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Tragic story and horrible way to die. She didn’t have a chance alone against an adult male; armed with a knife and likely bigger, stronger, and faster than her.

Now if she had been armed with a handgun in her golf bag....she would have had a chance.

12. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

Or if the perpetrator had a handgun, the victim would have had zero chance

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

He had a lengthy criminal history, and so as long as law enforcement did their job, he wouldn't have been able to legally purchase one.

But, even if they both had a gun, her chances would have been much higher than they were without.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  14. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Would have been more like 50/50 dontcha think? Probably higher as this evil sob probably gave pre-attack indicators that might have tipped her off allowing a counter ambush.

I’ll take even odds over zero odds all day every day however. Carry everywhere and keep your head on a swivel....OR.....live and maybe die as a sheep.

bwelbo likes this.
  15. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

16. LibertyTurns

If more politicians would recognize the error in their ways like Gov Wolf then maybe the nation could make some progress. Sadly he didn’t come straight out & say it because it would have been a powerful political message, but the implications of his statement is that he may be committed to restoring law & order to our great nation. I’ll attribute his reluctance to pandering to the masses before the election, but I’m hopeful here he’s realized the disintegration of our core values rooted in our Constitution needs to be reversed.

https://wapo.st/2qe8as0

17. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Sadly, don't hold your breath waiting for politicans to help solve problems. They are down there with the scum of the earth themselves (most of them anyway) with little interest in anything besides staying in power and feeding off the public trough.

18. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

Does this include the POTUS?

19. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Indubitably.

It also includes Schumer, Pelosi, Pence, McConnell, Booker...well, you get the idea. (I don't think I need to name them all.)

Life is a choice of AVAILABLE alternatives.

20. LibertyTurns

There’s a reason the Founding Fathers contrived to limit the power of the federal government. Nothing should exemplify that more than that collection of *******s, liars & degenerates.

Maybe people should think about that when they’re supporting or promoting big government.