Other teams?

If you could choose a team if Georgia tech didn't exist, who would it be?

• Clemson

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Auburn

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Alabama

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Georgia southern

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 34 45.9%

• Total voters

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
No one.
Seriously IDK there so many other teams I'm from Georgia but I detest the Bullb*tches so I guess VaTech or UVA since I have family (Grandparents) are from there.
I like FSU and the real USC when I was a kid.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FSU, grew up in a gator hater house in central Florida, and my brother went there. All this predates their entry into the ACC

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Hmm... I have several teams I pull for after GT now... FSU, Auburn, TCU, Wisconsin, UCF, Akron, Wash St

Guess with no GT I would eliminate UCF cause O'Leary wouldn't matter...Wash St, Akron, and TCU are more about the coaches so eliminate them... That leaves FSU, Auburn, and Wisconsin which are 3 teams I've always liked...hmmm

I'll go with FSU

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Like AE87, I grew up in the Orlando area hating the Gators. Started cheering for Miami in the mid 70's, before their glory years, when they beat UF. But my favorite team before I decided to go to Tech was FSU. Really liked FSU's willingness to play anyone anywhere in the 70's. I remember them making trips to Norman, Lincoln, Columbus, & Ann Arbor and coming away with more victories than losses.

But if there never was a GT, I would now be a UCF fan. UCF was my #2 choice of schools and probably where I would have ended up if there was no GT to attend.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Like AE87, I grew up in the Orlando area hating the Gators. Started cheering for Miami in the mid 70's, before their glory years, when they beat UF. But my favorite team before I decided to go to Tech was FSU. Really liked FSU's willingness to play anyone anywhere in the 70's. I remember them making trips to Norman, Lincoln, Columbus, & Ann Arbor and coming away with more victories than losses.

But if there never was a GT, I would now be a UCF fan. UCF was my #2 choice of schools and probably where I would have ended up if there was no GT to attend.

Where'd you go to HS? I went to Winter Park, class of 82.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tough decision. Kind of like picking a handle for GTSwarm. I'll go with the next most fierce mascot after Buzz.
c609e45b7fa9ead77f52f3e46ed73cdf.jpg

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Always enjoyed tailgating with the Clemson fans. Sat next to them at games and have had a good time as well. Not obnoxious like dawg fans, but very passionate. I do pull for Baylor as my dad went to school there. Been a huge Art Briles fan since he was at Houston, so now it's just icing on the cake. Best coach in the country IMO.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
A world without GT is a world of which I do not want to be a part.

Think about it. No GT means no concentration of former Confederates determined to industrialize the South. No business community arises from that with a driven focus on economic growth. Atlanta stays a small crossroads town, Georgia never experiences a textile boom, there's no hub for expansion of black business before the end of segregation, Fortune 500 companies never move south, and the satellite communications industry blooms elsewhere. A world without GT is a world without the Georgia that I love and believe in.

Were it not for Augusta and the Medical College of Georgia, why, we'd have nothing at all to differentiate us from Alabama or, God help us, Mississippi.

So, for that reason I vote Other? and provide, as a comedy option, 'Bama. A bizzaro world, in which I am become all that I despise.