Other Games -- welcome to week #1

slugboy

Staff member
ACC:
  • Pitt up 33-7 over Albany. Pitt's probably good
  • UNC getting horsewhipped 17-0 at half to Cal. Fedora on the hot seat?
  • NCST 24-13 over JMU? Jekyll and Hyde NCST this year, again?
  • Clemson beats down Furman only48-7
  • Boston College 55-21 over UMass. Probably getting top 25 votes this week (again)
  • Wake beat Tulane 23-17 on Thursday. Not a strong start
  • Syracuse beat W Mich 55-42. Defense?
  • Duke beat Army 34-14. Duke looks strong.
Other:
  • Washington - Auburn turning into a game. Auburn had a boat race going and it turned into a game
  • WVU up 13-7 over Tennessee. More of a game than many thought.
  • Penn State leading App State 17-10. We're implementing a good defense, folks.
  • Maryland over Texas 34-29. Maybe a hot seat at that UT.
  • TCU beat down Southern 55-7.
So far, we're one of the few shutouts. I'm sure there will be more.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
the box score of the UNC Cal game has to be one of the worst combined 1st halves I've ever seen. the teams are a combined 1/18 on 3rd down with Cal averaging under 3 yards per play and UNC averaging under 2 yards per play. The UNC QB has 3 picks and 5 completions for 12 yards. at half time

Deleted member 2897

NC State has only won 10 games once in their entire program’s history. Never ever think they are a good team until they show it first sometime.

UNC looks awful.

We are more than good enough to beat Alcorn, USF, BG, Duke, Virginia, UNC, Louisville, and Pitt.

We’ve got to clean our game up and learn how to win on the road. USF game is massively huge.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought Auburn was going to boat race Washington, but it's turned into a good game. Both teams struggling with the kicking game but solid defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
USF defense looks mediocre against Elon early. Just brought pressure with 6 on 3rd and long and couldn't get pressure. USF Offense doesn't look anywhere near as good as last year. Though it's the first game with a lot of new pieces.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
woody's old team App State just took a 38-31 lead against Penn State with under 2 min left. 28 point 4th quarter for App

Deleted member 2897

How did App St lose that game after going ahead by 7 with 1 minute left? Did they hire Roof?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
USF defense looks mediocre against Elon early. Just brought pressure with 6 on 3rd and long and couldn't get pressure. USF Offense doesn't look anywhere near as good as last year. Though it's the first game with a lot of new pieces.
What channel is USF game on?

Deleted member 2897

Tennessee needs to start thinking about getting a new Football Coach. Top 10 recruiting classes for a decade straight, but got blown out yet again, 40-14.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Did I just learn that our kicker lost the job at Alabama to a grad transfer?

Our kicking game has been in the tank ever since the decommit. Feels like a lose-lose.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
How did App St lose that game after going ahead by 7 with 1 minute left? Did they hire Roof?
yeah I mean it looked awfully familiar. kick return was run all the way back to the 50 or so. then they just let PSU walk down the field and score in like 20 sec. PSU scored in just 2 or 3 plays in OT and then App threw an int

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Louisville offense starting off well against the vaunted bama D. Of course Bama's O cut through L's D like a hot knife through butter.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Did I just learn that our kicker lost the job at Alabama to a grad transfer?

Our kicking game has been in the tank ever since the decommit. Feels like a lose-lose.
his kicking rating was always kind of weird to me. he had a huge leg but I remember his fg percentage was actually pretty unimpressive

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I almost feel bad for Jalen Hurts. He's not going to play unless Tua gets hurt. But I'm sure he is being taken care of by the good folks at Bama.