OT - Jack DeFoor (@jackdefoor54) Ruled Eligible

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Have we ever had an all world o t in the paul johnson era? Whose up next?
Returning from injury ( that did not heal in late 16 and all 17) is marshall. Then we have Stick and lee and walk on grady idemyer (sic). By way grady does move well in space.
If Defoor is available this year and has been getting lean , he could be a great addition at ot.

Glad to have him headed our way.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN: Ex-Ole Miss players say they were misled about NCAA investigation
Six former Ole Miss football players who transferred to other schools after the Rebels were hit with additional NCAA penalties plan to build their appeals for immediate eligibility around text messages they say were sent to recruits to downplay the severity of the NCAA investigation into the program.

The players -- quarterback Shea Patterson (Michigan), safety Deontay Anderson (Houston), linebacker Jarrion Street (UAB), offensive tackle Jack DeFoor (Georgia Tech) and receivers Tre Nixon (Central Florida) and Van Jefferson (Florida) -- have appealed to the NCAA for immediate eligibility at their new schools. Without waivers, they'll have to sit out the upcoming season under NCAA rules.

According to screenshots of text messages exchanged by recruits who signed with the Rebels in 2016, the players were told that the NCAA violations involving the Ole Miss football program occurred before Hugh Freeze was hired as head coach in 2012.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope DeFoor gets to play next season. We could sure use the depth, especially if Marshall's injury costs him his career.

Oth, I don't know how the NCAA will come down on this. I think the Ole Miss football program is burnt toast, but I don't know what effect that'll have on the players who decided to get out of the fire. I guess we'll just have to hope that the encouraging rumor above (thanks, Souffle) is true.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Have we ever had an all world o t in the paul johnson era? Whose up next?
Returning from injury ( that did not heal in late 16 and all 17) is marshall. Then we have Stick and lee and walk on grady idemyer (sic). By way grady does move well in space.
If Defoor is available this year and has been getting lean , he could be a great addition at ot.

Glad to have him headed our way.
ice,
Could we have too many OLs? lol btw--I expect Defoor to start by middle of season.