OT - Jack DeFoor (@jackdefoor54) Ruled Eligible

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
ESPN article about Patterson today said that ole miss and Michigan compliance offices worked together to get Patterson eligible. Ole miss says no other schools/transfers have contacted them. Certainly interesting. I'm sure we've done everything with the NCAA but odd only Michigan has done this with ole miss and their player is already cleared.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tterson-allowed-play-next-season-ncaa-decides

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
With this as a precedent, there’s no reason for the NCAA to deny Jack or any of the other guys now. It’d look really bad for them to help out the blue blood but screw over the other kids in the exact same situation (and actually Patterson has the worst case here because his brother was literally on the staff there and should have had a clue about what was going on).

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With this as a precedent, there’s no reason for the NCAA to deny Jack or any of the other guys now. It’d look really bad for them to help out the blue blood but screw over the other kids in the exact same situation (and actually Patterson has the worst case here because his brother was literally on the staff there and should have had a clue about what was going on).

Thank goodness the NCAA never does anything that violates precedent or looks bad.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I would love just once to see a thread describing in glowing terms all the great OLs we have ready to play for an upcoming season. Instead we are forever hoping/praying some transfer is eligible , or Cooper will be able to play next fall , or one, or more, of the incoming freshmen develop ahead of schedule. Our OL depth is so fragile ( almost) EVERY YEAR , and I have yet to figure out why. If we don't make some major steps forward on the OL from the way we ended last year, our record will be another 7-5 rerun, at best.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I would love just once to see a thread describing in glowing terms all the great OLs we have ready to play for an upcoming season. Instead we are forever hoping/praying some transfer is eligible , or Cooper will be able to play next fall , or one, or more, of the incoming freshmen develop ahead of schedule. Our OL depth is so fragile ( almost) EVERY YEAR , and I have yet to figure out why. If we don't make some major steps forward on the OL from the way we ended last year, our record will be another 7-5 rerun, at best.

Simply because we ain’t a factory. Non factory schools have depth issues. They overcome it periodically by staying healthy but few teams can sustain losing a starting lineman without also losing effectiveness. But even factories will start feeling it if they lose more than one.