Orioles Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given there are two Os fans at least on this board (whenever two or more are gathered together there is always a fifth), I thought I'd start a presumptive thread.

How long can the Os stay in first place? At 2-1 (over Red Sox), that's where they are. Time to end seasonšŸ˜€

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well the O's are 5-2-1 (5 wins, 2 losses, 1 moral victory blown lead. O's fans need to count moral victories.)

O's took Red Sox 2-1, got swept by Yankees 0-2 (with one blown lead late) and swept Rays 3-0. Of course, I now expect the season to be called since the O's are doing well with their retread players. Already exceed The Oracle's 1-12 prediction by a factor of five and counting.

Of course the savants at ESPN didn't see this coming (my bolding)
" The Orioles might not win 10 games. Beyond the general talentlessness, beyond the extreme difficulty the rejiggered geographical schedule presents, there's just the simple matter of incentives. There are going to be about 26 teams still in the pennant race in the final 10 games of the season, which means the Orioles are going to face motivated opponents all the way to the end. They, meanwhile, won't have even the shallower individual motivations of round-number statistical pursuits, since nobody is hitting 30 homers or saving 30 games (or reaching any other recognizable benchmarks of success) in this anomalous season. They won't have even the steadying weight of normalcy to keep them in line this year. They're really in danger of starting the season 1-12 and, whether officially or just psychologically, packing it in.
-- Sam Miller"
Remember Sam Miller and his projection ability šŸ¦…

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Orioles doing ok in their third decade of rebuilding. (Seems like decades)

Trade the one closer last year who was reliable and are inexplicably at 500 14 games in the season.

Already 1/4 of the way through the season.

I'm hoping next year they keep the extra innings starting with a man on second as well as 7 inning double headers. Would be good to do in college too!