Opportunity for exposure missed last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
You guys are unbelievable. ESPN had a diverse panal and they had their marquee spread guy there in Kevin Sumlin, why would they duplicate his commentary? Furthermore, how do you guys know CPJ didn't do exactly as you say and asked to be on the panel and they told him to take a flying leap? Just more ways to take pot shots at coach. The bigger this board gets, the more it leans towards the status quo.

Not trying to take pot shots.......some people are just not cut out to be in front of a camera. (George Bush being a huge example........nice guy, worked a room, turn on the camera lights and it was like a deer in the headlights.) And you have to admit that Bud Foster has something on CPJ, even with weak teams he manages to pull out a win.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The intent of the thread was not to bash CPJ. My point was simply that it was great exposure for the other coaches and their programs to be on the panel. I hope in the future that the folks at the AA attemp to make that happen. Could they have asked this year and were turned down? It's possible.
Your op said, "if CPJ could have found a way." You don't like Tech's coach and started another thread for people to take cheap shots at him. Why run from your identity?

The intent of the thread was not to bash CPJ. My point was simply that it was great exposure for the other coaches and their programs to be on the panel. I hope in the future that the folks at the AA attemp to make that happen. Could they have asked this year and were turned down? It's possible.
So you're saying it's like a "product placement" kinda deal? GTAA calls up ESPN and asks, "Can Paul sit in on your cutting edge, analysis in real time, coaching panel?" I don't know how these things are put together, but I'm willing to bet it isn't the schools being proactive--more like the network having a concept and a preconceived idea of who they want. But, again, have no clue as to how it really gets done.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Your op said, "if CPJ could have found a way." You don't like Tech's coach and started another thread for people to take cheap shots at him. Why run from your identity?

I love how you have read my mind and know my agenda....seriously, CPJ isn't going anywhere. My stance on him as coach is largely irrelevant. I want our program to be successful as possible. He WILL be here next year and most likely the year following. Am I off base to suggest that it would have been great exposure for him to be on that panel? My hope is that we do a better job of building the brand that is GT Football so whoever is coach, PJ or someone else, will be as successful as possible.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I read your posts not your mind. I inferred your agenda from your posts. For example, you could have started this thread with, "It's too bad we/GT/our SID couldn't find a way to get CPJ on ..." Instead you framed it as CPJ failure. This is consistent with your other posts.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
God, you guys are so sensitive. It's ok for people to not like the coach, you know? Just like it's ok for you to like the coach. Stop making this a pro-CPJ vs anti-CPJ board. One went down the toilet a few weeks ago, precisely because of that. FWIW, I'd like CPJ to succeed. I think he is a good coach. Whether he will or not, time (or lack of it) will tell.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
There are those on the board who are mesmerized with PJ and think he is the best thing since sliced bread. There are those on the board who think he and his system are the problem with Tech football. There is the middle ground who likes part of PJ football and dislikes part of it. It is a definite fact that it has not been very successful, regardless of the reasons.

For those who are pro PJ, this does not make you correct in your opinion. For those who are anti PJ, this does not make you correct in your opinion. For those who are in the middle, this does not make you correct in your opinion. All fans have their own opinion, and they are nothing but opinions. The only fact that really matters is that we are not winning consistently. There is a problem and it needs to be fixed or fans will soon give up on the team; that is a fact.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Not knowing the OP's disposition towards PJ's disposition, I thought the original post was not a slam at PJ at all. Now knowing the OP's dispo towards PJ's dispo, I still don't think he meant no ill will towards PJ. There is a certain sensitivity here towards anything remotely negative about PJ that's kinda' creepy.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Negativity breeds negativity.

I understand where everyone is coming from. I understand why some people are unhappy with the direction that the program has taken and need a place to vent. I also understand why others are unhappy with others venting their frustration here. It's just a chain of negativity that I think can be broken as more and more of us realize how ineffective it is as a tool to influence others.

:coffee:

Going to do my go-to thing that I've been doing with speculative threads with mud slinging: locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.