Opinion question about the Georgia Tech quarterback situation 2017

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Who do y'all think will wind up being the starting quarterback for the Jackets Matthew Jordan,Chase Martenson or Brady Swilling? I'm sort of rooting for Brady Swilling since he's from Chatsworth which is really close to me;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It took JT till his 3rd yr in the system to start. That's why I give the edge to MJ. If Taquan is a fast learner and MJ fails to make steady improvement... we could see TM next year with the ones. Injuries throw everything out the window, however.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see a lot of both, TM and MJ to start with until one separates from the other to become the full time starter. I'm pulling for TM with MJ playing a Byerly role in certain situations.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man, there is so much water to go under the bridge between now and then with sooo many unknowns, how can anybody really speculate with any degree of certainty? What do we know now?

We know Matthew Jordan made a big jump between 2014 and 2015. He is physical and he can throw. Like many who have come before him, early in his tenure, despite his productivity, he was prone to putting the ball on the ground. He will need to make another jump this year in his progression.

We know Taquon Marshall has done better than expected early on after a position switch. However, none of us besides insiders have seen him take a snap. He has a sample size of 10 pratices and 2 scrimmages under his belt where he got, what, a total of 30 snaps max? It is fun to speculate, but we know NOTHING about Taquon playing QB at the moment. He has piqued my interest, I'll admit, but......

We have a couple guys coming in who look like they have great potential, but HS to college is a huge jump and learning this offense, for most, takes some time.

I will be an interested spectator, as always, but I have no idea how this thing plays out. To be frank, there is not a single person I feel inclined to listen to right now, including CPJ himself, with respect to who gets the nod next (meaning '17) season. If you asked him, I'm sure he would say he has no idea. At most, he would say that MJ has earned the right to go into the off season as #1 on the depth chart, but he will have to fight to keep his job, yada yada yada......(sorry for the Seinfeld reference).

2016 holds enough intrigue for me at the moment. There are a kajillion questions yet to be answered for this season, let alone next. I will say this much, however, I am ready for a player to come out of nowhere as a huge surprise (ala Tony Hollings) at the QB position. We all saw JT's HS film. He was no surprise given that, and even Vad knew who was going to pass him. Expectations for Justin were so so high and justifiably so. Now, I am completely ready for a kid to jump out of the bushes, shock us all, and take program on his back, whoever it may be.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
With defenders pressing the plays and w our wr being good blockers and average pass receivers, would a good passer be what is needed.
The defense s are getting jt to make the pitch or pass quickly so its an athletic contest between their db lb and our ab or wr . A good passer can read the open areas and stop the pressing defense.

I go with best passer who has at least average run skills

85jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Matthew Jordan perhaps spelled frequently by TM. Based on what I have seen, TM has a ways to go. JT his head over hills the best right now.
Very complicated offense that seems to take a year or two to get comfortable with.