1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Opening Weekend - St Peters, Cincinnati, St Johns

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by FredJacket, Feb 10, 2020.

1. FredJacket

FredJacket Helluva Engineer

... in that order. Opportunity abounds. Let's get off to a good start to this 2020 season!!!

Based on all "off season" talk here on the Swarm... I'll summarize, "we're probably not there yet... but we're possibly there already" :) Is that about right?

Honestly... I can't remember being this confused going into a season. The most talked about "new addition" is a coach ... not anyone who will throw a single pitch or have a single AB. Is it ok to be fired up about the impact a coach will have on GT baseball? We lost a lot of pitching... & a lot of our "heavy" offensive production. Yet, here we are....
    Telling ourselves 2020 will NOT be much (if any) if a backslide.

I'm very excited about the season ... just from a "show me" / "let me see it" perspective.

I'm also greedy & view anything short of undefeated come Monday... a disappointing start.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb Helluva Engineer

Good synopsis above!

I haven’t followed them as much as you @FredJacket or @eokerholm or @GTNavyNuke , during this offseason. My surface opinion is that there is more talent on board, it’s young, but then again every season has to have some turnover with a college program. Lucky to have a stud 3 years(no R/S, usually for them).
    The pitching is so critical if you want to get to Omaha and out of the regional and super. The two Danny’s are deeper in that department, although more untested in the proven talent level when you analyze weekend starters and at least one you need during the week. And I’m always wondering who might come up lame this time? Hopefully zero long term ones.

May those thoughts not discourage any of you loyalists, because at this time of the year we are undefeated and hope “Spring-s” eternal!!

FredJacket and augustabuzz like this.
  3. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

I'm calling top 3 in the ACC.

THWG likes this.
  4. FredJacket

5. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

6. FredJacket

GTNavyNuke and THWG like this.
  7. FredJacket

8. GTNavyNuke

Borrell is calling the pitches.

Wiley and Roddy calling all three games(y)

9. GT_B

GT_B Helluva Engineer

Excited to see this team this weekend. Seems like we have a lot of talented freshmen going to be seeing a lot of playing time.

I really want to see Maxwell in action tomorrow, sounds like he has over powering stuff but can be a little wild, so interested to see if he has the jitters first game.

THWG, FredJacket and augustabuzz like this.
  10. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

Gameday!!! Let the season begin.

11. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Kmag, GTNavyNuke and FredJacket like this.
  12. FredJacket

For the purposes of fun only. A few Fred predictions for weekend.

Fri W 14-6
    Sat W 4-1
    Sun W 7-2

St Peter executes a gameplan to force Maxwell to throw strikes. It sort of works. He runs his pitch count up... CDH pulls him short of 5 innings (but 3 innings after @GTNavyNuke says to pull him). ;) So... not a W for the freshman, unfortunately.

Radcliff finishes weekend with 3HR & 8RBI.

Waddell & Guldberg both finish weekend with BAs a

Wiley is excellent & entertaining.

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  13. FredJacket

Fixed original. Premature post-ating. It happens. :happy:

Go JACKETS!

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  14. GTNavyNuke

Jeesh, I'm 50% more patient than that. Pull after 3 innings if we have a 6 run lead or greater. After 2 is too soon.

Last Fr pitcher to open for us? X. High expectations given our alternatives which didn't exist when X started.

FredJacket likes this.
  15. ramblineck

ramblineck Georgia Tech Fan

Do we have the starting pitchers for this weekend?

16. JacketOff

JacketOff Helluva Engineer

Maxwell, Hughes, Roedig.
    Relief arms we may see tonight: Crawford, Coquillard, King, Arnold. Brace will probably be the emergency guy if the game is closer than its expected to be.

ramblineck and FredJacket like this.
  17. senoiajacket

senoiajacket Helluva Engineer

18. JacketOff

JacketOff Helluva Engineer

Since we all love to talk about uniforms, Tech is wearing pinstripes tonight. Different from last year when we wore the throwback “Tech” unis on Friday’s. I don’t know how the rest of the weekend will look like uni wise, or if pinstripes on Friday’s will be a permanent look for the rest of the year.

FredJacket likes this.
  19. ball4life66

ball4life66 Helluva Engineer

20. GTNavyNuke

Baseball season underway. Going to chat.