Opening Weekend - BYU/ Marshall / Western Michigan

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have to listen to the GT events on the Georgia Tech IMG Sports Network on Tunein.com or listen to WREK online.;)

I've found that listening to it on WREK while having ESPN3 on is the best solution. Most of the time I don't watch the game but listen. If something interesting happens, there is a 15 or so second delay to ESPN3 and I can go watch the play.

Baseball is 18 minutes of action crammed into 3 hours. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323740804578597932341903720

But I still like it:)

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wow. So King not starting at all. Knew English was out, but King too?

No chance of a deep run without the pitching. Injuries there have just killed us!

THWG

Helluva Engineer

No chance of a deep run without the pitching. Injuries there have just killed us!
I've heard that King is just on a 50 pitch count to start the year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hearing Hughes on Saturday.

Curry-Friday
Hughes-Saturday
TBD-Sunday

I'm looking forward to seeing Curry. D1 baseball has Curry as the 90th best starting pitcher which is very good for a Fr. Hughes is 50th and also a Christmas present waiting to be opened.

Wouldn't it make sense to start King for ~4 innings and then do middle relief on Sunday?

I keep telling myself that it's not how you drive but how you arrive with our pitching. I hope we can get it together by the end of the season.

I hope we win all three this weekend given the level of the opponents and being at home. But people in hell want ice water .......

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm looking forward to seeing Curry. D1 baseball has Curry as the 90th best starting pitcher which is very good for a Fr. Hughes is 50th and also a Christmas present waiting to be opened.

Wouldn't it make sense to start King for ~4 innings and then do middle relief on Sunday?

I keep telling myself that it's not how you drive but how you arrive with our pitching. I hope we can get it together by the end of the season.

I hope we win all three this weekend given the level of the opponents and being at home. But people in hell want ice water .......
Guess it really depends on how King has looked. Maybe he's still not at full strength?

BYU is actually a good team---D1 Baseball has them ranked around 27th and their SP on Friday is supposed to be pretty good. Will be a good matchup for GT.

65Jacket

GT Athlete

AsI have posted before, King is on a 50 pitch count and will not be starting.I don't know if this is a short term thing or for the season. I'm leaning for the later.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Less than two days ...... really ...... "Tech could have a logjam on the mound with a talented group featuring ....." I understand optimism but this is close to irrational exuberance. Given our team ERA last year, it's better to let results talk for themselves.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021517aad.html
It is a talented group that could be an excellent staff as almost all of them showed flashes last year. They just need to be more consistent this year and pound the zone more.