Open Practice on Saturdays

slugboy

Staff member
Was catching up with old teammates so i couldn’t focus like i wanted but the biggest takeaways were:

- The DL looks the part especially Harris and Clayton

-Sims is seeing the field better, but still holds onto the ball too long imo

- Carter is still having consistency issues with holding onto the ball

-TE is still a concern. Quite a few drops and still some issues on where to settle in the zone

My biggest takeaway- Riq is the freak again. He’s moving so much better than last yr. Finally saw that physical play again from him when blew up the TE in the flat

Also, Edwards, Tatum, Robinson, Eley are legit
It’s early, but early last season we had two LBs getting taken completely out of the play. Can we look forward to that being a thing of the past?
Do we have the depth to be able to run a different defensive set when our opponents bring out three tight end sets?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It’s early, but early last season we had two LBs getting taken completely out of the play. Can we look forward to that being a thing of the past?
Do we have the depth to be able to run a different defensive set when our opponents bring out three tight end sets?

I hope so but we will see if the coaching of eye discipline translate on the field.

I typed a response to that Nick Saban ND deal. It’s just people overthinking. 4-2-5 vs Nickel is bit different

In a 4-2-5, the “5th guy” is a athletic Lb/ big safety. For example, i was the 5th guy (Wolf) for Wommack

In Nickel, the 5th guy in the slot is 90% of the time is a CB.

Oliver was LB size playing that position.

To your answer question, yes. I believe both Eley, Tatum, & maybe Franks could position vs bigger personnel

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Was catching up with old teammates so i couldn’t focus like i wanted but the biggest takeaways were:

- The DL looks the part especially Harris and Clayton

-Sims is seeing the field better, but still holds onto the ball too long imo

- Carter is still having consistency issues with holding onto the ball

-TE is still a concern. Quite a few drops and still some issues on where to settle in the zone

My biggest takeaway- Riq is the freak again. He’s moving so much better than last yr. Finally saw that physical play again from him when blew up the TE in the flat

Also, Edwards, Tatum, Robinson, Eley are legit
Time for him to play like it.