One Player I Hope Coach Collins Embraces: Justin Thomas

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I doubt there will be any problem with CGC embracing JT ( or any former GT player for that matter), but I hope as much as anyone that our GTAA family will forever embrace #55 - Greg Gathers.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
It literally hurts my heart that atleast one team couldn't utilize him. If he had done at Bama or UGA, what he did at Georgia Tech, he would've signed a contract. Damn shame really....

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Doubtful. Plenty of great college players at big schools that never got a look in the league

JT was just a man without a position as far as the NFL is concerned. Sub-6ft QBs have to be extremely special to get a look. I think the Patriots could have found a spot for him as a slot guy, but I guess they didn't have a need.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
JT was just a man without a position as far as the NFL is concerned. Sub-6ft QBs have to be extremely special to get a look. I think the Patriots could have found a spot for him as a slot guy, but I guess they didn't have a need.

He was still the best qb on the legends. Well probably see him as a slot in the xfl

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
He had already left for the Florida DC job when we played the OB
Like that would have made a spit of difference. It was his players, his system, his asst coaches, and they were completely mystified as to what to do. This is not a crit of CGC, it is a compliment to CPJ.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Like that would have made a spit of difference. It was his players, his system, his asst coaches, and they were completely mystified as to what to do. This is not a crit of CGC, it is a compliment to CPJ.
JT was great and PJ was master of his offense but to suggest CGC being there would have made no difference is silly. And it is just as much a criticism of him as many claim the posts about the excitement of the new staff and brand is a criticism of PJ.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
JT was great and PJ was master of his offense but to suggest CGC being there would have made no difference is silly. And it is just as much a criticism of him as many claim the posts about the excitement of the new staff and brand is a criticism of PJ.

Game might have been a little closer but I don't think CGC could have done anything about those turnovers. Also you have to remember that that hail mary was literally the only time that batting the ball down turned out to be the wrong move.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Game might have been a little closer but I don't think CGC could have done anything about those turnovers. Also you have to remember that that hail mary was literally the only time that batting the ball down turned out to be the wrong move.
Not saying the outcome would have been different just that removing one of the hottest DCs that year from the sideline had to have an impact. The MSU staff was completely lost. I simply don’t think that would have been true of CGC.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Not saying the outcome would have been different just that removing one of the hottest DCs that year from the sideline had to have an impact. The MSU staff was completely lost. I simply don’t think that would have been true of CGC.

I'm actually not so sure, at the time had Collins faced it? The first time any DC faced the offense it usually wasn't that good for them unless their Joes were just that much better than the oline. You have to remember we basically ripped them with middline off belly in the second half.

The first half was JT's arm.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I'm actually not so sure, at the time had Collins faced it? The first time any DC faced the offense it usually wasn't that good for them unless their Joes were just that much better than the oline. You have to remember we basically ripped them with middline off belly in the second half.

The first half was JT's arm.
First of all this is all conjecture. That’s mainly my point to those who insist Collins being there wouldn’t make any difference. But several points...Collins was/is clearly light years ahead of whoever was in charge in his absence (I seem to remember they split duties? Like that ever works), we rave about Johnson’s in-game adjustments but don’t think Collins would have made any?, my recollection is Collins was not involved in game planning, certainly the first time Collins would have faced us but I have no idea if he faced an option team in his career. Not that big of a deal really just think it’s an interesting take.