One of my candidates for breakout player of the year

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
TJ Barnes was at 390 at one point during the offseason iirc. That weight is nothing if it can't move fast

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
390 is obese unless he is now over 8 feet tall. I really do not believe Shamire will ever play a productive down of football for Georgia Tech. I hope I am wrong but the trend on him has been down and not up. I think he may have peeked during the off season between his Junior and Senior years of High School ball.

Go Jackets!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Seriously. I think people need to slow their roll when it comes to giving up on players, especially guys who will be a true fresh and a rs Soph this year.

I understand and am sympathetic to Jerry's concerns about Shamire, but I'm not ready to write-off a kid who hasn't been on campus for a whole summer yet. I still think Snoddy's going to be a player. He may not break out this year because of depth, but I think he's gonna be a great player for us.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Francis Kallon - I just think that he's going to come in like Vance Walker did when he finally got a chance to play and shock everybody.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Francis Kallon - I just think that he's going to come in like Vance Walker did when he finally got a chance to play and shock everybody.
Vance didn't shock the coaches. They were very confident that he would be the man when Anoai left. I think the coaches' opinion on Kallon is that he still needs development (and it would be a shock to them for him to break out this year).

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Vance didn't shock the coaches. They were very confident that he would be the man when Anoai left. I think the coaches' opinion on Kallon is that he still needs development (and it would be a shock to them for him to break out this year).

Personally, I have a feeling that Pelton and Roof are going to get a lot more out of Kallon this coming season than most people are expecting. I just think they will put him in a position of being successful; more read and react; being able to use his god-given abilities to start and then start to bring him up to speed with more of the "techniques" later.