one guy who has been busting his butt this off-season

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
ramblinwreck40 said:
You must admit that any BB on the depth chart will feel the pressure of a so-called "stud" like Custis arriving.  He is behind the curve as a freshman and we can only hope he is so good that he makes us better this year. However, chances are somebody else MUST rise to the opportunity. Frankly, I'd be ok with two 500 yard rushers working in tandom. Seems more realistic than thinking Sims, Laskey, Connors, or Snoddy will do it by themselves.

I doubt Sims or Laskey feel the pressure of Custis. Sims is a RS Senior and Laskey a Junior. They like Custis put up big numbers in HS and have already made the successful transition to college. Who knows...Custis could very well be another CP for all we know. Lets wait and see what happens before we "anoint" anyone a stud.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Provided he can stay healthy, Laskey is going to have a big year this season.  For everyone thinking he's not BCS level running back, you may want to slow down.  You really haven't seen him healthy yet...

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Laskey is a football player.  He could play any position except for the Offensive or Defensive Line postions and QB.  He has the want to that many of our players lack.  If Sims is healthy he will start but Laskey will get a lot of carries as well.  Snoddy is a track guy and not a football player.  Conners is actually a better football player than Snoody even if he is a walk on.  Custis is a big unknown and will be redshirted unless both Sims and Laskey get hurt.

Go Jackets!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I've seen Custis' highlight and watched him in the playoffs and in the state championship game. I think he has the size and power to come in and contribute right away if needed. I do think he will RS because of depth at BB, but I am really excited about gettin him and think he was highly underrated. Could be a game changer for us on the field and in recruiting.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched Custis play in the state championship and he can definitely play and the future of GT. I think a lot of you are wrong about Snoddy and I expect him to be very productive out of the shotgun.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think Snoddy will see the field a good bit this year. Hearing from the players via twitter, they say Snoddy is one of PJs favorites, joking about him takin Orwins spot as coaches favs

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Im hearing its something with the NCAA clearinghouse. Nothing major apparently, he shouldnt miss any practice time. Thats what I have heard anyway.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Hes not enrolled from what I understand which means he can't participate in anything. I'm hearing maybe by late July or August...he's destined for a RS anyway.. Just hate that their is a issue already.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Right now, everything is still unsupervised, voluntary stuff.  So, I don't think that there's any problem with him participating.

I suspect everything will be cleared up before the formal practices start, but I don't know that for sure.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
According to twitter, Laskey spends a lot of time working out, taking naps, going to the pool, going to Braves games and drinking Frosties.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was on 680 with Buck and Kincade yesterday.  Not a whole lot of new information.  As we knew, he was saying that Sims played all of last year at less than 100% but came out of spring at 100%.  He said that Zach put in a lot of good work in the spring as well.  He also said that we are going to look to  run some plays with Broderick Snoddy who's got a lot of speed.