one guy who has been busting his butt this off-season

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If he is that good why is Sims still the starter?
Honestly I don't feel he or Sims are BCS caliber running backs and neither did any other scouts when they were being recruited. The most talented BBack on the team hasn't arrived yet. Custis

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
No one said he was "that good". Laskey played the entire year last year with a separated shoulder and still led the team in rushing. Sims had bad shins and still played. Do you know how much pain is associated with those injuries? I prefer to stick to facts.  You say Custis is the most talented BB?  You say "scouts"  didn't think they were BCS backs?  Are you confusing  college sports with the NFL?  Obviously you must know what a BCS type back should look like.  You sound like a "homer" from Clayton County. Why don't you just wait and see who the best back will be and I certainly wouldn't count Sims or Laskey out of that mix. Hopefully he turns out more like those two and not Perkins or Snoddy. Remember those guys.....they use to be considered the most talented too. :D

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
If he is that good why is Sims still the starter?
Honestly I don't feel he or Sims are BCS caliber running backs and neither did any other scouts when they were being recruited. The most talented BBack on the team hasn't arrived yet. Custis

Sims was heavily recruited at RB actually. You need to do your research before you go spouting off

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the bad shoulder had a negative impact on Laskey's blocking?  I know I wouldn't want to be throwing my shoulder into LB's when it's already injured.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure it had a huge effect in his ability to block. He played in pain most of the year and performed well.  Laskey hurt it in the last scrimmage game of fall camp. He would have been the starter against VT. CP got the start by default. It should be a battle this fall to see who starts. I'm excited to see Laskey play healthy this year. I think you need two backs ready to go but I won't be surprised if Laskey is the starter coming out of fall camp.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I really like Laskey, and what he brings to the table. I just don't see him beating out Sims. He'll should get 30-40% of the BB carries if Sims stays healthy.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I like laskey a lot as a player and how his feet never stop moving. I just want him to gain some weight for his own health. He is so physical but built like a safety.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Gut-Feeling Prediction:

Snoddy's gonna break out this year.  Sims, Laskey and Snoddy will all see a significant number of 
snaps.  I expect to see some snaps with Justin Thomas at QB and Snoddy at B-Back running read-option.  Those guys are going to be getting through holes so fast that the grown men coaching other teams are going to cry.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I like laskey a lot as a player and how his feet never stop moving. I just want him to gain some weight for his own health. He is so physical but built like a safety.

Read on twitter where he said he was like 225 Ish now.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the same thing about his weight. I kind of wish Laskey would have taken a redshirt his freshman year. I really hope he has a huge year this year. 

As far as Snoddy goes I was not all that impressed with his overall game. Blocking looked to be non existent and he hasn't showed soft hands at all this since he's been here.  Everyone gets excited about a run against UVA 3rd stringers when he broke into the open but was caught and tackled. Again I think this is his football speed on display when everyone is expecting his track speed to be there. JMO.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Laskey works hard and wants it more on every play. Sims is good, but is he hungry enough on every play? Connor's legs churn the whole time and is our best once in the defensive backfield. Snoddy has not shown enough consistency, but he does well when able to bounce outside.

2012 was Laskey's first year at B-Back and was starting at times. I want to see improvement on already good play. 

Look to the B Back to get additional carries as the DE takes the QB to contain Vad and JT.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I doubt Snoddy gets many more touches...he's fourth string. He proved nothing this Spring besides that he can't catch. I would expect to see him some in the pistol but that's about it...he's not taking away snaps from Sims and Laskey.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric said:
I doubt Snoddy gets many more touches...he's fourth string. He proved nothing this Spring besides that he can't catch. I would expect to see him some in the pistol but that's about it...he's not taking away snaps from Sims and Laskey.

I agree Eric. The only thing he really showed this spring is that he has slipped behind Connors.

ramblinwreck40

Georgia Tech Fan
You must admit that any BB on the depth chart will feel the pressure of a so-called "stud" like Custis arriving. He is behind the curve as a freshman and we can only hope he is so good that he makes us better this year. However, chances are somebody else MUST rise to the opportunity. Frankly, I'd be ok with two 500 yard rushers working in tandom. Seems more realistic than thinking Sims, Laskey, Connors, or Snoddy will do it by themselves.