one guy who has been busting his butt this off-season

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Zach Laskey...he's working his tail off. I look for him to have a good year. Like what he brings to the table.

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a tough runner. Gets fired up and takes on anyone. Did you see him against fsu in the champ game and in bowl game. He was fired up in the defenses face

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Think he could be a decent back out of the pistol. He lacks the ideal size to be a good option at Bback. His lack of mobility surprises me and scares me some. I think he'll be in a few plays for some special stuff like a wheel route outa the backfield. He's not an every down back iMo

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I like both sims and laskey but i want one of them to take 70-80% of the snaps. I think as a team we need a real feature back that fills the stat sheet. We need one b-back over 1000 yards every year. As a fan I want the position to get that many but this RB by committee doesn't attract a Jon Dwyer.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Snoddy doesn't have the ability to make a cut and go. His shuttle time had been discussed on here and ST before. His speed is straight line, he doesn't move very well side to side or in traffic. I love his speed but right now it's just track speed, it hasn't translated yet

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If Snoddy has that straight speed we should give him a shot situationally at WR in a big game. Let him burn some VPI CB and Safety down the sideline for an 80 yard TD pass. Nothing he has to go up and grab, but I'm sure it's easy to hit him in stride when he has 2-3 steps on the guy behind him. Probably won't work more than a few times, but his speed is insane if we can find a way to use it

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I disagree.  He's not any slower than Sims.  Btw, what the heck is a BCS starter?  If he's the best Bback at GT, he starts, it's that simple.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Laskey's legs never stop chugging.  He is a more physical runner than Sims.  He may or may not be as quick or fast as Sims but he is just as good as Sims if not better imo.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
ATL1 said:
He's too damn slow.. And has 0 ability to shake anyone. He's just not a BCS starter.        

Looks faster and quicker than Sims.  I believe its been mentioned in other forums that Laskey was 2nd only to Snoddy in straight ahead speed.  Laskey is probably the quickest BB through the first 5 yards also and displayed excellent footwork, toughness and doesn't drop the ball. I also like his size and speed in our passing game.  When you say he isn't a BCS starter there are facts to prove you wrong...looks like he has started 6 games.  He may not be your personal favorite but to say he isn't BCS caliber back is not quite correct. 

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
if you watch the virginia game over again from this past season, snoddy has a couple of runs and there's one where he breaks through into the secondary and puts on a big burst of speed. i think he's easily our fastest b-back, maybe our fastest player. gotta use that speed somewhere

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Connors is a solid player. At this stage I think he is ahead of Snoddy.  I hope Connors gets a chance to play some meaningful snaps.