On, Leggett: Eric, do you think....

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
...coach will make some sort of announcement or do you think the first time we know will be win he trots into the huddle?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Seems like since there is no game tape on him we don't win a huge amount by not announcing.. That said - would be kind of cool if he just strolls into the huddle and the D is asking - who is this guy????

gtguy

Georgia Tech Fan
Watch his high school videos .He looks o. k. but not as good as Laskey's High School vids . The Alexander HS ...RUNNING BACK COMMIT - Davis ? from Douglasville looks faster and has size and power . THWG

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
Look at who is is playing against lead the state in rushing in the highest class and one of the toughest regions I think he is going to be good

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He says he doesn't want to play CJ for 8 plays a game. I think those 8 plays a game could be extremely valuable experience for him. I'd rather have someone back there for those 8 plays that would be a change of pace from Laskey than someone back there who would just "not screw up" but not offers no real threat.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
He says he doesn't want to play CJ for 8 plays a game. I think those 8 plays a game could be extremely valuable experience for him. I'd rather have someone back there for those 8 plays that would be a change of pace from Laskey than someone back there who would just "not screw up" but not offers no real threat.

not knowing what to do would not benefit him or the team, If he "screwed up" that could mean the difference between a win or loss. Looks like they did everything they could do for him to be a backup to Laskey this year and he didn't measure up to Days or Connors.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
not knowing what to do would not benefit him or the team, If he "screwed up" that could mean the difference between a win or loss. Looks like they did everything they could do for him to be a backup to Laskey this year and he didn't measure up to Days or Connors.
I wonder if Paul gives freshman the full playbook and doesn't allow them to play unless they can do everything at least decently, or if he gives them a small portion to learn. I can't imagine him not being able to learn his assignments on 3-4 plays. If he did I would think he could play 15-20 snaps a game which could be really beneficial. Then he could learn more of the playbook as he went along.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Paul gives freshman the full playbook and doesn't allow them to play unless they can do everything at least decently, or if he gives them a small portion to learn. I can't imagine him not being able to learn his assignments on 3-4 plays. If he did I would think he could play 15-20 snaps a game which could be really beneficial. Then he could learn more of the playbook as he went along.

I completely agree.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
^My thoughts as well.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow

You think they run 3 or 4 plays 15-20 times in a game?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he does know the playbook and he just isn't better than Connors. Sounds like they tried to hand him the back up job this year and he couldn't take it for whatever reason.
Maybe so, I was just curious as to what coach did with freshman, obviously he wasn't good enough to play one way or the other.