? On Concessions at McCamish?

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad you can make it in person!
Concessions - standard ballgame stuff - hot dogs, popcorn, chips, candy, cokes, etc.
There is also Chick-fil-A (limited menu) and Sonny's BBQ - both are in end zone to the left of the main entrance. Not sure what else in on the other side as I go that way to my seats.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad you can make it in person!
Concessions - standard ballgame stuff - hot dogs, popcorn, chips, candy, cokes, etc.
There is also Chick-fil-A (limited menu) and Sonny's BBQ - both are in end zone to the left of the main entrance. Not sure what else in on the other side as I go that way to my seats.
Chick-fil-a is limited by qty not just variety. They were sold out before tip-off at the last game.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Going to my first ever Georgia Tech basketball game on Friday. Just wanted to know what kind of concessions do they have there.

None of the typical concessions (hot dogs, popcorn, pretzel, etc.) at any of our stadiums or arenas are very good. Cold hot dogs and pretzels, stale popcorn, way over priced. Just not good unfortunately unless you have access to a club or suite and it still isn't great in there either. :(

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
None of the typical concessions (hot dogs, popcorn, pretzel, etc.) at any of our stadiums or arenas are very good. Cold hot dogs and pretzels, stale popcorn, way over priced. Just not good unfortunately unless you have access to a club or suite and it still isn't great in there either. :(
Sadly, I have to agree. I am a GT homer through and through, but our concessions are pretty lame. Overpriced and average or below average quality. Plus slow service and long lines.
There’s really no reason why they should continue to be subpar, other than the fact that they basically have a captive clientele with no choice, so there is no incentive to improve. At some point it becomes almost insulting to paying customers.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, I have to agree. I am a GT homer through and through, but our concessions are pretty lame. Overpriced and average or below average quality. Plus slow service and long lines.
There’s really no reason why they should continue to be subpar, other than the fact that they basically have a captive clientele with no choice, so there is no incentive to improve. At some point it becomes almost insulting to paying customers.

Agreed. The food at the Benz isn't great, but its 20% of the price at Bobby Dodd and Alexander? That helps a little bit. No reason why our concessions are so bad and the service is even worse.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Dont forget early bird pricing at Bobby Dodd. Several items deeply discounted. Starts when the gates open and stops 30min to kickoff. Usually I can get a 32oz drink, popcorn and pretzel for about $9 I think.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Filet mignon, lobster, and a chocolate fountain.

Darn Callaway club
Lol. A couple of seasons ago, GTAA comped me 4 seats in Callaway club. My wife and I enjoyed the 2 “free”drinks and my son and daughter enjoyed the “free” concessions/candy. Now, on the way to every game, my son asks me, “Dad, are we sitting in the free food area again?” I have to tell him, “No son, we’re sitting down amongst the commoners and the unwashed, where we belong.”

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Which seats? They still have cup holders in section 110. Did they remove and replace seats in some sections?
You must be front row of 110. Front row still has cup holders. The rest of the rows don’t. I’m section 110 too! I look down upon you with envy ;-). Are you the guy with the full family that reliably comes to all of the games?

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
You must be front row of 110. Front row still has cup holders. The rest of the rows don’t. I’m section 110 too! I look down upon you with envy ;-). Are you the guy with the full family that reliably comes to all of the games?
Hahaha… Yep! That’s us! Where are you in 110? Are you the tall guy that always cheers loudly (I love it)? In our section, I only know the couple that sits right behind me and another alumni family that that lives in Rome and doesn’t necessarily make it to all the games (it’s a 1.5 hour drive). I’ll be there today vs UNC. Say hi if you like.

So, did they actually swap out your seats and get rid of cup holders? I think I would miss cup holders too.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hahaha… Yep! That’s us! Where are you in 110? Are you the tall guy that always cheers loudly (I love it)? In our section, I only know the couple that sits right behind me and another alumni family that that lives in Rome and doesn’t necessarily make it to all the games (it’s a 1.5 hour drive). I’ll be there today vs UNC. Say hi if you like.

So, did they actually swap out your seats and get rid of cup holders? I think I would miss cup holders too.
That’s me. Apologies for the language sometimes. I’ll stop by. I think they just were able to remove them somehow. Didn’t change the seats.