On Campus - To the Cape (CDH interview)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Thorough interview with CDH. LOTS of nuggets regarding progress and expectations this coming season.

Kudos to the interviewer (Stu Murray). Well-prepared.

Depth Chart (in most cases he did not give any "order"...just named names
C - McCann
1B - English, Radcliffe, Miller (Fr)
2B - Waddell, Guldberg
SS - A.Wilhite
3B - Serratos, Guldberg
INF - Zinnershine (sp?-Fr)
LF - Murray
CF - N.Wilhite (CDH quote: "by far our best center fielder")
RF - Co.Hall
OF - Guldberg

Carter Hall is not out of the picture. Had back surgery. Recovering now... not playing this fall. Will know more in Jan/Feb on whether he can play or not.

Pitching
Top 4 (no particular order): Curry, Thomas, English, Hurter
Next group: Willingham (JUCO transfer), Chapman, Bartnicki (Fr), Archer, Roedig (Fr)

I'm not too familiar with ins and outs of the Cape Cod league. Interesting to me...CDH already knows (and called them out) who will be playing in the CC league next summer (2019).

He did not mention what color uniform combinations would be used this coming season. I listened to the entire 30 minutes with bated breath and for some reason it did not come up. :geek:

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Thorough interview with CDH. LOTS of nuggets regarding progress and expectations this coming season.

C - McCann
2B - Waddell, Guldberg
SS - A.Wilhite
3B - Serratos, Guldberg
LF - Murray
RF - Co.Hall
OF - Guldberg

Carter Hall is not out of the picture. Had back surgery. Recovering now... not playing this fall. Will know more in Jan/Feb on whether he can play or not.

Pitching
Next group: Willingham (JUCO transfer), Chapman, Bartnicki (Fr), Archer, Roedig (Fr)

I'm not too familiar with ins and outs of the Cape Cod league. Interesting to me...CDH already knows (and called them out) who will be playing in the CC league next summer (2019).

He did not mention what color uniform combinations would be used this coming season. I listened to the entire 30 minutes with bated breath and for some reason it did not come up. :geek:

I'm happy to hear about the depth. I'd bet that Guldberg will be the primary DH with Miller and Radcliffe seeing some time there also. Maybe Miller can take over 1st so English can DH and pitch. I'm also excited to hear about Carter Hall and I hope that he has a speedy recovery.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

C - McCann
2B - Waddell, Guldberg
SS - A.Wilhite
3B - Serratos, Guldberg
LF - Murray
RF - Co.Hall
OF - Guldberg

Pitching

Thanks, finally got to listen. Worth the time to listen to it. Some thoughts while listening:

• Hall talked about blowing leads in 2018 that we shouldn't have blown. Need relief pitching. Duh. Thinks we will have the best pitching that we've had in 4-5 years.
  • McCann is going to be ok.
  • Replacing Wade is a concern. Waddell is leader for that position based on how well he did this summer. Also mentioned Guldberg and a Fr that's coming in.
  • Tristin is first name for 1st.
  • Chase Murray can really improve his draft potential by not just being a "corner" outfielder.
  • Jason Howell (pitching coach) is the lead recruiting coordinator. Hall says Howell doesn't mess around with pitcher's mechanics much.
  • Interviewer really liked Hurter pitching at the Cape. Could be a first round draft choice...... a Cape Cod pitching coach really helped him.
  • Willingham may be the biggest surprise. Great student and engineering major.
  • Bartnicki coming on with control and 94 mph fastball. Will be at Chatham next summer. Archer to the Cape next summer too.
  • $9-10M to baseball facilities. (Something we should think about contributing to.) Underground batting cages and pitching area. I think this has been talked about before but is cool. Plus an air conditioned area with a bar for the older people.....