O'leary gettin a statue

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I like george as much as the next guy as our head coach

But jeez the whole statue thing and standards to get one must be pretty low. Lol. I cant believe it. 81-68 and what? A big bowl win? If thats the case boise state should have 2-3 coach statues right now.

Hell paul johnson gets one. Mark richt. Jeez

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UCF would do better to make the statue of the player who collapsed and died.

Did a little research folks. Here's what the appellate judge had to say in the ruling that reduced the award:
“My opinion … should not be interpreted to condone the egregious conduct of the UCFAA coaching staff. Indeed, as it appears and the jury found, it was both the coaching staff's actions and inactions that led to the tragic death of Ereck Plancher. It is difficult to comprehend how one human being can ignore another in obvious distress or prevent someone else from offering aid to someone in distress, but, inexplicably, that is what happened here."

'...prevent someone else from offering aid....?' Maybe an old school fool of a coach made a mistake that should have ended his career.

I appreciate GOL's Jackets beating the Mutts 3 times in a row, but the only thing I'm even close to happy about after reading that article is that this death didn't happen on GOL's watch at Tech.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like Oleary...accidents happen, even tragic ones....I'm sure no one involved believed that outcome would occur. They are still responsible however. And yes...the kid is most deserving of a statue.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I like george as much as the next guy as our head coach

But jeez the whole statue thing and standards to get one must be pretty low. Lol. I cant believe it. 81-68 and what? A big bowl win? If thats the case boise state should have 2-3 coach statues right now.

Hell paul johnson gets one. Mark richt. Jeez
The reporter misunderstood. They aren't talking about a statue. They said statute.