OldJacketFan has passed away

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hi there,

This is OldJacketFan's daughter. I wanted to leave a message letting everyone on this board know about my father's passing. He seemed to be an active member of this message board and I think it has meant a lot to him over the last few years. He passed away last week, 1/2, from a heart attack. His memorial service will be in Georgia tomorrow. Here is the information for the service, if you'd like to come. Feel free to wear your best Georgia Tech gear.

Thank you for being friends to my dad! He loved Georgia Tech football more than anything else in this world.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Hi there,

This is OldJacketFan's daughter. I wanted to leave a message letting everyone on this board know about my father's passing. He seemed to be an active member of this message board and I think it has meant a lot to him over the last few years. He passed away last week, 1/2, from a heart attack. His memorial service will be in Georgia tomorrow. Here is the information for the service, if you'd like to come. Feel free to wear your best Georgia Tech gear.

Thank you for being friends to my dad! He loved Georgia Tech football more than anything else in this world.
I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with your family. He will be very missed here.

This really saddens me. I first "met" him when we both posted on the old AJC blogs, and then finally met him in person when he stopped by where I tailgate, something he did several times over 2 or 3 years. Until seeing him in Detroit at the Tavern, I had not seen him since the 2017 Spring Game. But he was simply one of the nicest men I have ever met, and he LOVED Georgia Tech. I will miss seeing his posts on here and seeing him, regardless of how infrequently, at the games.
To his daughter: Please accept my personal condolences and heart-felt sorrow.

HE WILL BE MISSED !!!

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi there,

Sorry to hear, i too am an old jacket fan. I know he would have liked to seen the new direction of the football team

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Very sorry for your loss. OJF was one of the good ones here, and seemed like just a good person.

I know he'll be looking down on BDS on gamedays wearing his old gold (halo!!) and white...and might even help push a field goal or two between the uprights.

Condolences to your family and God be with OJF.