OL

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
LETS DO THIS!

4485224448_98727eb4f4_o.jpg

GTFLETCH

Banned
I am really excited about our line this year.... Will Bryan, Trey Klock second year... Shamire Devine at one Guard and hopefully Parker at the other.. & Freddie Burden and Andy Marshall at center.... I think we will be better... We need health on our side!

Also I think our perimeter blocking (WR/AB) will be better do to everyone second year.... Seems like when the OL blocked a WR or AB would miss an assignment last year...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The OL has a CHANCE to be a good bit better this season. In my mind it all depends on the kind of hunger they are feeling in the off season. If Griffin has indeed added some size and strength and he cleans up mistakes from his first season, if Shamire improves as much this off season as he did last year and continues to increase his level of conditioning, if Burden heals up physically and mentally, if Klock and Bryan continue to develop as expected, and if we have a couple of guys from the ranks below start pushing the starters, we may really have something.

We need them to be better, just as we need the skill guys to play better along with them. I haven't lost one bit of confidence in where we are headed as a program, but I also realize that where we go this coming season is dependent on what is happening right now while nobody is watching. Another repeat of last off season would not bode well.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
OL was supposed to be good last year. Hunt Days was supposed to be a monster. Things sometimes don't work out.

I do like the kids we've been bringing in though. We have a chance to be good depending on how they work and develop. Until they earn it though that's all it is....a chance.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
The OL has a CHANCE to be a good bit better this season. In my mind it all depends on the kind of hunger they are feeling in the off season. If Griffin has indeed added some size and strength and he cleans up mistakes from his first season, if Shamire improves as much this off season as he did last year and continues to increase his level of conditioning, if Burden heals up physically and mentally, if Klock and Bryan continue to develop as expected, and if we have a couple of guys from the ranks below start pushing the starters, we may really have something.

Change all those "ifs" to "as" and I'll feel a whole lot better, Boomer. ;)

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

We need them to be better, just as we need the skill guys to play better along with them. I haven't lost one bit of confidence in where we are headed as a program, but I also realize that where we go this coming season is dependent on what is happening right now while nobody is watching. Another repeat of last off season would not bode well.

I saw Griffin on Campus a few months ago and he is much bigger than he was when he last played. He was walking with a few other lineman and he is was considerably larger than the other players around him.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I saw Griffin on Campus a few months ago and he is much bigger than he was when he last played. He was walking with a few other lineman and he is was considerably larger than the other players around him.
All I have seen is a recent picture and he looked huge. I mean really huge. So much so, that I really question his current weight on the roster.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We lost 3 senior ol (60 percent).

Ol is most complex part of offense.

We have some playing time accumulated with new guys. Unfortunately their impact was mixed in their season where we lost every game to non easy team (except for the kick 6 miracle play).

Last year As cheese pointed out when we lost all senior skill guys ( except for snoddy and Thomas), we really need be ready to accept some early season confusion and hope for limited injuries.

Also unfortunately a good percentage of the skilled position players we are counting this year have limited game time experience.

IMO We have lots of potential and by mid season we should be seeing flashes of 2014.

Inspite of above I am strangely optimistic.

With the new assistant coaches (washington) to help coach the quarterback and backs as well as experienced ast coach to help ol, I feel coach johnson can be HEAD COACH. He can see that that the coaches FIX the stupid stuff and are ready to go day one.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We lost 3 senior ol (60 percent).

Ol is most complex part of offense.

We have some playing time accumulated with new guys. Unfortunately their impact was mixed in their season where we lost every game to non easy team (except for the kick 6 miracle play).

Last year As cheese pointed out when we lost all senior skill guys ( except for snoddy and Thomas), we really need be ready to accept some early season confusion and hope for limited injuries.

Also unfortunately a good percentage of the skilled position players we are counting this year have limited game time experience.

IMO We have lots of potential and by mid season we should be seeing flashes of 2014.

Inspite of above I am strangely optimistic.

With the new assistant coaches (washington) to help coach the quarterback and backs as well as experienced ast coach to help ol, I feel coach johnson can be HEAD COACH. He can see that that the coaches FIX the stupid stuff and are ready to go day one.
So hard for me to be objective about this season. I have the usual excitement for the season to begin which my heart starts to confuse with optimism. When I try to look soberly at what happened last year and how many unproven players we have this year, I see lots of room for catastrophe.

If someone has not done this it might be time to start a thread that lays out each position group on offense and defense and gives an over / under betting line on whether they perform closer to last year or closer to 2014. Not for actual gambling purposes but just to try to handicap the season.