OL to go Senior domimant, big +315, powerful +TE's (Stanford 2013) to compete with factories?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don’t disagree with the idea. Throw big fullbacks into the mix, run Power I type formations, etc. I think it could work really well. Take the same approach PJ used to take and just play keep away in a different style.
Saban realized several years ago that they couldn’t win as much playing that kindof offense after A&M lite them up and they couldn’t score fast enough to keep up with a really good modern offense. Not saying we couldn’t win a lot of games that way but ultimately you run into a gunfight carrying a knife and lose badly

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t disagree with the idea. Throw big fullbacks into the mix, run Power I type formations, etc. I think it could work really well. Take the same approach PJ used to take and just play keep away in a different style.
Harbaugh cultivated enormous OL and TE for road grading and pass blocking…not for a 3O…it’s how he made his mark…winning most and even in losing to a factory was competitive by keeping his defense off the field and punishing pre Madonna speed / skill opponents…rather than getting “boat raced”

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
That Smelter was something else. He walked on the field with the regal indifference of the top tom cat in the hood. He was a guy that other teams would notice immediately and point out saying "That is the guy we have to stop." He just had that look and way about him.
and I think we would have won the ACC his last year if had not been hurt in the Ga. game. He was the absolute go to receiver and made great contested catches.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think I get what you are driving at. We need to be known as a school that has an identity - RB U, LB U, Ol U, QB U etc.
We should be TE U. The great thing about a guy that plays TE in HS is that he is of a size that can be "made" into other positions- OL, DL, LB, Jumbo RB - if he doesn't
work out as TE. What about that ?
We are already P U. (punter U) (see what I did there?)

After this last season we are also decisively Onside Kick U.

What more do you want?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I mean, you posted a faulty premise, considering 76% of DTs receiving yards came under CPJ, so there's that...

It's ironic that you are calling out others for a lack of "facts" when you post blatant falsehoods yourself.

Its not worth it. This guy would argue the laws of physics when he failed an Emag test.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Its not worth it. This guy would argue the laws of physics when he failed an Emag test.
It seems like several people on here are literally incapable of admitting that they are wrong and will just keep arguing a losing fight forever. I think narcissistic might be the diagnosis

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It seems like several people on here are literally incapable of admitting that they are wrong and will just keep arguing a losing fight forever. I think narcissistic might be the diagnosis
I think it's more than no one is interested in anyone's point but their own, so they continue to argue their point because it's clear the opposing view just doesn't seem to understand. (this goes for everyone on this board, including me)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think it's more than no one is interested in anyone's point but their own, so they continue to argue their point because it's clear the opposing view just doesn't seem to understand. (this goes for everyone on this board, including me)
If you actually believe that then your likely part of the problem

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you actually believe that then your likely part of the problem
I think we all want to be understood and for others to confirm they at least understand what we're saying, whether others agree or not. I see the repeated back-and-forth with both sides just continuously repeating what they're trying to get across instead of acknowledging what the other is saying first. I try not to do that, but I think sometimes I do. If you look at my posts, typically I try to acknowledge the point I'm responding to.