OL Question

I remember hearing Paul speak of getting a good read on what the defense is doing by asking OL a series of questions after every offensive series. He specifically mentioned Uzzi and Mason when referring to this. He said both of them could look at defenses and dissect them for him. Which it turn allowed to know what to call and how to adjust. I am wondering if we don't have any OL that are capable of doing that for our coach or if someone in the know if he is still doing this?

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
In general, if you listen to his pressers and radio show he'll drop little tidbits that if you piece together give you a better idea of the big picture. Based on his comments in those pressers and radio show, I'd have to say he's probably a little hesitant to rely on the information he's being given.

To be fair, it is the *toughest* position to play in this offense because if you don't carry out your assignment the whole play can blow up. And this is in the face of a d-line slanting, stunting, and jumping around like a bunch of Kansas City chickens pre-snap.