OL Development

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It is what it is.
Sewak cost 275000 at end of career.

Key cost 2 plus times more that and being named assistant coach.

The magic sewak and cpj performed was not just in the early days. However, the margin for success became less and less. The players said that at times cpj was making calls that they had no idea why he called them . They did them and sometimes looked silky running out in space. But they did them. Later in games a play breaking for a big gain that happened due to the defender being set up by the play that seemed silly.

I like that we are goung to have more rotation during the games and have special packages the less than way ATL guy is ready to run.

Will take a number of years to see if key can mold new guys into top oline that works w the new oc.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I agree. It will take at least five years to see if Key can recruit — and mold — the top O-Linemen he wants to implement the OC’s system.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Key's got them reading the defense pre-snap, which apparently is a new development.

FTA:

I personally like the trial-by-fire the OL will get on Thursday. It'll make the 3 games after that seem smaller and slower by comparison.
Well, the last time ‘Ol Brent Key had experience using his good insight in coaching and scheming against Clemson’s DL was during the last National Championship game. Lost 44-16.
Bama’s problem on offense was Locksley not Key. I predict he will be out of MD in 3 years.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Someone send Brent Key this girl's tape! She definitely fits CGC's relentless motto:

upload_2019-8-29_8-43-58.jpeg