Okogie, Lammers named to All ACC teams

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the rundown
http://theacc.com/news/2018/3/4/men...es-all-conference-team-postseason-awards.aspx

All-ACC
First Team
Marvin Bagley III, Duke, 280*
Jerome Robinson, Boston College, 273
Luke Maye, North Carolina, 246
Joel Berry II, North Carolina, 223
Kyle Guy, Virginia, 168

Second Team
Tyus Battle, Syracuse, 159
Marcquise Reed, Clemson, 143
Devon Hall, Virginia, 129
Wendell Carter, Jr., Duke, 126
Justin Robinson, Virginia Tech, 123

Third Team
Grayson Allen, Duke, 119
Matt Farrell, Notre Dame, 89
Ty Jerome, Virginia, 67
Josh Okogie, Georgia Tech, 57
Omer Yurtseven, NC State, 54

All-Freshman Team
Marvin Bagley III, Duke, 57*
Wendell Carter, Jr., Duke, 56
Lonnie Walker, Miami, 51
De'Andre Hunter, Virginia, 33
Oshae Brissett, Syracuse, 33

All-Defensive Team
Isaiah Wilkins, Virginia, 49
Anas Mahmoud, Louisville, 37
Elijah Thomas, Clemson, 34
Devon Hall, Virginia, 32
Ben Lammers, Georgia Tech, 25

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle Guy on the first team is interesting. I had him as HM.
Yea, I prefer someone his own team: Devon Hall.

upload_2018-3-4_15-54-36.png

And Hall can D up.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You can compare to mine. (Note my metrics only look at ACC games)

also on Guy - my metrics don't have him among the top 50 players. He is not actually an overly efficient player and his asst:TO and lack of rebounding hurts him.
Hall is much higher up on my list as well. Guy is #5 among UVA players in my metrics.

https://gtswarm.com/threads/ramblinreds-all-acc.14592/

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting comparison. I'd go Okogie too, but I'm not going to say "far superior".

For a better comparison, I would like to see Battle in an offense (sic). I'd also like to see him not have to be option 1, 3, 5, and 7 while being shadowed/doubled for 40 min a game. There's a reason his % came down this year.

Battle was heavily leaning an NBA jump coming into this year, but it'd be a mistake now.

And selfishly I want to see him with a big guy who can do something a la Darius Bazley.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Interesting comparison. I'd go Okogie too, but I'm not going to say "far superior".

For a better comparison, I would like to see Battle in an offense (sic). I'd also like to see him not have to be option 1, 3, 5, and 7 while being shadowed/doubled for 40 min a game. There's a reason his % came down this year.

Battle was heavily leaning an NBA jump coming into this year, but it'd be a mistake now.

And selfishly I want to see him with a big guy who can do something a la Darius Bazley.

Howard, Battle, Brissett, Bazley and Carey is a hell of a team next year if they all stay.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Surprise!!!!

When given a comparison between a Tech player and a Cuse player, you step up to defend the Cuse kid, giving passing credit to Josh.

Why don't you just admit that you are a Tech fan for football and a Cuse fan for basketball? Nobody would think any less of you.

To be clear, I grew up in a gator-hater FSU home. My older brother graduated from FSU. While I follow FSU, I don't feel the need to make a lot of defensive posts for FSU on our
Tech forum. ... I'm a Tech fan not a NOLEjacket.

Again, I appreciate your coverage and contribution to the football forum.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Surprise!!!!

When given a comparison between a Tech player and a Cuse player, you step up to defend the Cuse kid, giving passing credit to Josh.

Why don't you just admit that you are a Tech fan for football and a Cuse fan for basketball? Nobody would think any less of you.

To be clear, I grew up in a gator-hater FSU home. My older brother graduated from FSU. While I follow FSU, I don't feel the need to make a lot of defensive posts for FSU on our
Tech forum. ... I'm a Tech fan not a NOLEjacket.

Again, I appreciate your coverage and contribution to the football forum.
I admit I am a Tech fan for football and a Cuse fan for basketball. I also admit I am a Cuse fan for football and a Tech fan for basketball. I'll also admit that since GT basketball was dead in the water weeks ago, I've been much more into Syracuse's chances at a postseason.

Apologies if the post seemed like a slight to Okogie. I thought by saying I'd take Okogie that I wouldn't have to expand further as folks here know Okogie's strengths and weaknesses. Conversely, I assume most have no clue about 'Cuse outside of 40 minutes at McCamish, or by looking at a final score, or when someone who watches a ton of basketball e.g., @Peacone36 offers a comment.

Since you seem hurt, I will offer why I think Okogie is the better player. He is more athletic, quicker, better in transition, and I think better at creating for others. He has the benefit of playing with two big men who make his life easier, too, which was the point of my last post where I hedged my opinion. Does this comment do something for you?

I enjoy mixing it up re: 'Cuse and believe I've generally limited it to 1) when someone else brings it up, 2) ACC discussion, or 3) when GT is playing Syracuse. If you'd like evidence of posts I did not respond to re: slights to Syracuse, feel free to go back and look at several of yours re: ND winning at 'Cuse earlier this year.

Re: GT basketball fandom... I watched every second of every GT game this year. Did you? I told my wife last year to change out of a Syracuse shirt for a GT shirt for the 'Cuse/GT game, while I was in the press box and my 'Cuse-only family went orange. I went to every GT home game while in school. I wore GT gear to the Carrier Dome for Bosh vs. Melo in '02. I am actively promoting GT basketball thru the local alumni network. We are going to have Mario West speak at an event this summer because CJP is unavailable. All are invited. But I'm guessing you won't join since you're a Nole fan :)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know if sports-reference has a tool where you can compare two players? I am sure it has to be there and I am missing it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I admit I am a Tech fan for football and a Cuse fan for basketball. I also admit I am a Cuse fan for football and a Tech fan for basketball. I'll also admit that since GT basketball was dead in the water weeks ago, I've been much more into Syracuse's chances at a postseason.

Apologies if the post seemed like a slight to Okogie. I thought by saying I'd take Okogie that I wouldn't have to expand further as folks here know Okogie's strengths and weaknesses. Conversely, I assume most have no clue about 'Cuse outside of 40 minutes at McCamish, or by looking at a final score, or when someone who watches a ton of basketball e.g., @Peacone36 offers a comment.

Since you seem hurt, I will offer why I think Okogie is the better player. He is more athletic, quicker, better in transition, and I think better at creating for others. He has the benefit of playing with two big men who make his life easier, too, which was the point of my last post where I hedged my opinion. Does this comment do something for you?

I enjoy mixing it up re: 'Cuse and believe I've generally limited it to 1) when someone else brings it up, 2) ACC discussion, or 3) when GT is playing Syracuse. If you'd like evidence of posts I did not respond to re: slights to Syracuse, feel free to go back and look at several of yours re: ND winning at 'Cuse earlier this year.

Re: GT basketball fandom... I watched every second of every GT game this year. Did you? I told my wife last year to change out of a Syracuse shirt for a GT shirt for the 'Cuse/GT game, while I was in the press box and my 'Cuse-only family went orange. I went to every GT home game while in school. I wore GT gear to the Carrier Dome for Bosh vs. Melo in '02. I am actively promoting GT basketball thru the local alumni network. We are going to have Mario West speak at an event this summer because CJP is unavailable. All are invited. But I'm guessing you won't join since you're a Nole fan :)

Dude, it was in fun.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

giphy-1.gif

MidtownJacket

Staff member
To be clear I meant to hate towards anyone. Just thought the mid drop was particularly good.

Also Ben lammers just posterized a BC player to cut the lead to 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk