OK who goes to the ACC Championship if

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami is 6 and 2 with losses to FSU and Duke
Duke is 6 and 2 with losses to GT and Pitt
GT is 6 and 2 with losses to VT and Miami

Assume VT has 3 losses with one to Miami, one to Duke, and one more.

Duke wins over Miami but GT wins over Duke and of course Miami over GT.
Miami only has 1 Coastal loss versus 2 for the others, so Miami goes?

If VT beats Miami but looses one more.
Then Duke beat VT, VT beat GT, and then of course GT beat Duke.
All won the same in the coastal
What is the next tie breaker?

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Something similar to this happened to Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech (I think) a few years ago in the Big 12 (when they still had a championship game). If memory serves correctly, the team with the highest BCS ranking gets the nod for the championship game

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes, in your first scenario, d'oh U goes because they are each 1-1 in head-to-head and division record is the second tie-breaker. GT and Duke each have 2 coastal losses while Miami would have one.

If VPI gets into a tie at two losses with GT and Duke by losing to another coastal opponent (and Miami gets to 3 conference losses), then I think we get knocked out under rule 3 when we get to the head to head with Miami since VPI and Duke both would have beat them in this scenario. At that point, it goes to a 2-team tiebreaker and Duke represents the coastal. For GT to go, I think the most likely scenario is Miami and one more beating VPI, and FSU, Duke, and one of Pitt/UVA beating Miami. Before Saturday, I would have said that there was no way that either of those would happen. Now, I reckon it's not as long a shot as I thought.

Of course, we still have to beat Pitt and CU.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Do you really want to play FSU??? Could you imagine what would happen to sweet Lou in that game??