OK, #BCvsGT Postgame. BC wins 41-30

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Jurkovec scoring on what had to be a 2-minute-31-yard-QB-keeper had to be the signature play of the game.

(it was legitimately a 31-yard keeper. It only felt like 2 minutes to me, watching)
At the time I actually think it benefited us. Once he got the first down we almost had to let them score or they were just going to run the clock out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I just got back home. Haven't read anything and won't until tomorrow.

Gibbs 1st touch, just wow!

Our first to offensive possessions looked like we had a clue.

The D is a Heisman D for sure... For our competition. The D secondary looks clueless too often. Too many missed assignments and swallowing the bait. 310 yards passing against us on a night were they throw the ball 20 times completing 13. Gave up 500+ yards.

WE had way too many penalties.

Clock management is a joke.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I need someone to explain the rush four (that likely won’t get home) and sit in soft zone behind it defensive scheme. The DBs are setup for failure any time you do that. Most D1 QB’s will do well against that look.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Positives: I thought Tatum looked good in limited action. Saw several very nice form tackles that we flat out don't see very often. Kaleb Edwards also looked good in limited action.

Gibbs returning one to the house was fun.

Negatives: We can't be any worse on defense. Almost zero defensive pressure all game, and complete breakdowns in the secondary.

How on Earth is that "targeting" against Eley?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
sport-coach-team_coach-team_talk-sports_fan-american_football-pha0994_low.jpg

hobbies-leisure-football_coach-football_manager-football_player-offense-hug-mewn708_low.jpg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Positives: I thought Tatum looked good in limited action. Saw several very nice form tackles that we flat out don't see very often. Kaleb Edwards also looked good in limited action.

Negatives: We can't be any worse on defense. Almost zero defensive pressure all game, and complete breakdowns in the secondary.

There was a targeting hit on Leonard that wasn't called. Happened as he was hit near the turf on a pass play. I didn't see it until the replay . He was taken out when they saw he was wobbly after the play. No call by the zebras.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

It was targeting cause he made forceable contact with the crown of his head to the head and neck area of another player. The biggest issue is how was the hit on Dylan earlier in the game not targeting. The refs even had plenty of time to make the call cause of the injury timeout.

The refs were absolutely horrible this game again. However at least they were horrible across the board instead of just against us like usual.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It was targeting cause he made forceable contact with the crown of his head to the head and neck area of another player. The biggest issue is how was the hit on Dylan earlier in the game not targeting. The refs even had plenty of time to make the call cause of the injury timeout.

The refs were absolutely horrible this game again. However at least they were horrible across the board instead of just against us like usual.
The problem with many of these calls is that they don’t account for the ball carrier changing his elevation AFTER the defender has already committed. It’s an unfair rule.