Ohio Road Trip - Akron/Kent State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
McGuire 1-2-3. First inning. McGuire even had to cover first for one out and got 2 SO.

Third inning a hit and then 1-2-3 with a nice D play by Compton. (I already forgot the second inning of ours already, no stats and doing other things.)

We can do it.

Wiley riffing on Parada being Dracula and turning into a bat ....... whatever to keep things interesting.

Just said that Jenkins smoked about everything in the last series. (lol) And then another Jenk. Two run HR, 5-0. Hope there is a mercy rule.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parada 3 run HR. 24th of the year. 8-0. Going to T5. Why couldn't it be like this every game?

Wiley spinning hope for the postseason. Riffing on anything can happen with this much talent and how we play better against good teams. I'll take some of that stuff if it doesn't test illegal. Like I said, everyone starts 0-0 in the postseason. We can beat anyone or lose to almost anyone.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like we only lost 1 RPI spot from the win last night. A win beats a loss.

1652783244607.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Huff dealing, 3 SO thorough 2.0 IP. Shutout 6-0 so far.

Reid 3 run HR. Another day, another HR. Where are we now in the NCAA totals? WIth 7 in the last two days, not too bad. Shortened game yesterday and only through 2.2 tonight.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe looking ahead to much, but what does this mean for our "weekend" rotation? I presume anyone who pitched yesterday is probably good to go Friday or Saturday. Anyone pitching today probably only good for Saturday?

Probably depends on on number of pitches. Rule of thumb is get 35 pitches back each rest day.

Huff good day. 4.0 IP, 60 pitches, 2 ER. 4 hits and 1 BB.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Why did Parada go out after 3 pitches in the 9th?
He took a pitch to the mask. A few weeks ago he was batting and took a high hard one to the bill of the batting helmet and it hit his glasses. I think he has a depth perception problem.