Oh man, hate to bring this up right now but

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
- hey, we won the game! I think that is what matters, right?

- our uni these last 2 years looks great, so whatever.

- there has been a lot of posting as regards Fan apparel, shades of Gold, etc.

In that vein I could not help but notice the centerpiece of our field - the big GT logo in the middle of the field - is Gold with a blue outline. Not a smidgen of White paint on it! So is it THAT important?

Also watching the lsu / cuse game the stands are full, as usual, with shirts in various shades of purple, gold, cheddar and yellow. NO uniformity and I am pretty sure that lsu is known for a rabid fan base.

So MAYBE, just maybe, what is really important is to SELL MORE TICKETS to people who have been turned into GT fans.

And not worry about what color shirt they wear as long as it has a GT interlocking logo on it and it is either White or Gold or Yellow or cheddar or Blue.

AND YELL AND WIN.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

In that vein I could not help but notice the centerpiece of our field - the big GT logo in the middle of the field - is Gold with a blue outline. Not a smidgen of White paint on it! So is it THAT important?

Also watching the lsu / cuse game the stands are full, as usual, with shirts in various shades of purple, gold, cheddar and yellow. NO uniformity and I am pretty sure that lsu is known for a rabid fan base.

So MAYBE, just maybe, what is really important is to SELL MORE TICKETS to people who have been turned into GT fans.

And not worry about what color shirt they wear as long as it has a GT interlocking logo on it and it is either White or Gold or Yellow or cheddar or Blue.

AND YELL AND WIN.
Personally i'd like to see the old Black,Gold and White uniforms be used for some of the GT games.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow

AND YELL AND WIN.
I do not know for certain but the outline colors may have had something to do with alzheimer's awareness.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Improving the brand is important, especially when the lifeblood of college football is recruiting. And recruits choose schools based on--among other things--a school's brand.

I agree that selling tickets is ultimately the most important thing to the athletic department, but you can't just "focus on selling tickets." What are you going to do? Hire a telemarketing team? You gotta win more games to sell more tickets.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I enjoy BDS much more than other sporting venues although it would be nice if people sat in the seats you paid for instead of mine.

I did bring 3 sidewalk Tech fans today, 2 of them to their first game and one to his third (I brought him to all of them.)

Honestly I'm not a Tech alum but I make good money and if I can't make a game I will give my ticket away as long as the recipient pulls for Tech rather than scalp it to make $$$ and end up with Dwags there.

But your own alumni won't do that, so much for the 1 in 6 stat.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
as far as wearing school colors and white outs blue outs and gold outs..... how about stan the man add a package of 2 rain panchos to the ticket package.

one in exactly the old gold we want and the other a navy blue or white. if he ordered 40,000 of these packages he could add them to season tickets or ticket packages for a buck or two. with an order that big i imagine we can get a gt logo on the pancho for free.

im talking something that can be tossed or reused to suit. the ones left over can be sold at the stadium. they would come in their own plastic slider bag.

on a gold out day imagine 40,000 gt fans all wearing the SAME COLOR OLD GOLD PANCHO.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
as far as wearing school colors and white outs blue outs and gold outs..... how about stan the man add a package of 2 rain panchos to the ticket package.

one in exactly the old gold we want and the other a navy blue or white. if he ordered 40,000 of these packages he could add them to season tickets or ticket packages for a buck or two. with an order that big i imagine we can get a gt logo on the pancho for free.

im talking something that can be tossed or reused to suit. the ones left over can be sold at the stadium. they would come in their own plastic slider bag.

on a gold out day imagine 40,000 gt fans all wearing the SAME COLOR OLD GOLD PANCHO.

........or How about we act normal for once. The vendors sell standardized colors as part of consistent branding by the school and we fans go out, spend some money and wear the damn things to the game.