Ogletree Wins US Amateur Championship

Deleted member 2897

I turned on the TV and saw AO. I thought his name sounded familiar. Go Andy

Came here to say the same thing. Just hit what they said was the shot of the day - our if some scrub and to 4 feet, then sank his birdie putt to go 2 Up on the 11th. He’s got his GT hat on, and playing well!

Deleted member 2897

Yeah I just watch the video summary of the morning session. The website that showed the score was apparently incorrect for some reason.

I guess if there is some good news, Andy was down by as many as 4. He’s still grinding.

Deleted member 2897

Website shows Ogletree 1 Up through 19. I assume it’s still wrong and that he’s 1 Down. But that’s still a big improvement over 4 Down. Furthermore, Andy’s won 2 straight holes.

Deleted member 2897

I just pulled up the scorecards - Ogletree Lost 4 of the first 5 holes! What a great grind to pull himself back into the match..

Deleted member 2897

Ogletree only has 1 single bogey through 21 holes. He’s something like -3 on the day. He’s definitely playing high quality golf - just going up against someone who also is.

Deleted member 2897

It is on Fox now, so I’ve been watching for a bit.

Now 1 Down through 25. He’s very par-y. The other guy has made a mistake a couple times, and Ogletree either doesn’t capitalize, or just barely does. For example, the other guy hits it into a trap off the hole - Ogletree I would think would then aim for the middle of the green...but he doesn’t. He’s actually outscoring the other guy, as a couple holes he won by more than 2 strokes, but they just pick the balls up and move on.

1 Bogey in 25 holes...can’t ask for much better than that.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It is on Fox now, so I’ve been watching for a bit.

Now 1 Down through 25. He’s very par-y. The other guy has made a mistake a couple times, and Ogletree either doesn’t capitalize, or just barely does. For example, the other guy hits it into a trap off the hole - Ogletree I would think would then aim for the middle of the green...but he doesn’t. He’s actually outscoring the other guy, as a couple holes he won by more than 2 strokes, but they just pick the balls up and move on.

1 Bogey in 25 holes...can’t ask for much better than that.
After Andy’s bogey on 2 Augenstein birdied three in a row

Deleted member 2897

Still hanging around like an old pair of underwear - down 1 with 7 holes left.