Offseason - Baseball

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Let's break this down (basketball & football forum style)...

What is CJR REALLY telling us? It must be code for something, right?

Actually... been meaning to do an off-season thread. Of course.... if not summer ball, draft, pitching, or recruiting related. Lol!

There were rumors that the Kennesaw job was his if he wanted it. Reports this morning said that Kennesaw has hired Ryan Coe as their new head coach. So Ramsey decided to stay at GT and tweeted the above tweet this afternoon. If he really did turn down the Kennesaw job, then he likely got some reassurance from GT that Hall will retire soon and the job is his. No other reason to turn down a HC opportunity in the city you are already living in and with a program that could really succeed with the right HC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There were rumors that the Kennesaw job was his if he wanted it. Reports this morning said that Kennesaw has hired Ryan Coe as their new head coach. So Ramsey decided to stay at GT and tweeted the above tweet this afternoon. If he really did turn down the Kennesaw job, then he likely got some reassurance from GT that Hall will retire soon and the job is his. No other reason to turn down a HC opportunity in the city you are already living in and with a program that could really succeed with the right HC.

Hope this is all true.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ramsey was never leaving Tech. Its pretty well believed that he will one day be at the head of the program. What Ramsey cryptically meant in his text is that the team either has another new commitment, or the program has landed one or more important pieces from the transfer portal. Stay tuned it will become clear.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Ramsey was never leaving Tech. Its pretty well believed that he will one day be at the head of the program. What Ramsey cryptically meant in his text is that the team either has another new commitment, or the program has landed one or more important pieces from the transfer portal. Stay tuned it will become clear.
It's this! Now that recruiting and visits opened up they're "visiting" and offering and landing guys again. Also they're shopping from the portal. Let's hope they find another JHM!!!

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I have no idea what his interest was in the job, but I'm certain that it was offered to him. I assumed that he would've had at least a decent amount of interest in the position because of the factors I mentioned above, but he very well may have never truly considered it. The tweet definitely could be about a recruit or transfer and it's just a coincidence with the Kennesaw news coming out the same day.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah I have no idea what his interest was in the job, but I'm certain that it was offered to him. I assumed that he would've had at least a decent amount of interest in the position because of the factors I mentioned above, but he very well may have never truly considered it. The tweet definitely could be about a recruit or transfer and it's just a coincidence with the Kennesaw news coming out the same day.
The Kennesaw hire was four days ago though.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I gotta say... in short order, you folks did an awesome job of doing the FB / BB forum thing. I assumed CJR didn't have any special reason or timing to his tweet.

...he was just being positive. 🙂

On the other hand.... maybe it's all that other stuff.
I don’t follow baseball closely but love this forum. Looks like the crazy elements of our fan base hasn’t discovered y’all yet and I certainly won’t share your secret!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
where do we put Pick ups?
2019 HS graduate from UAB

1626464894142.png

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like a really good pickup. He'll be starting somewhere on the infield.

Agree a good pickup especially since our entire starting in-field outside of Jenkins is gone. Maybe starting, maybe not. 6 errors in 2021. But I don't know fielding % (didn't bother to add up). But Luke had 8 in more games and Austin had 5.

BA will need to improve to start probably since his .288 was in Conf USA

1626548999613.png

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Nice stolen bases to the offensive arsenal. KC is pretty fast too! Going to be fun to watch next year!

Hopefully they can grab a catcher from the portal….Catcher U and all. Guess we’ll know more in a few weeks and see who shows up to campus. 8/23

THWG

Helluva Engineer

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I love this pickup along with Simpson. They have definitely given us a lot of depth now and I'm willing to bet that both of them will start. It probably means that Jackson, Anderson, and Campbell will be fighting for the last infield spot with Compton being DH.
I'm curious why you are willing to bet Borden starts for us? Last year he batted .220 and only started 8 games for a team that failed to make the tournament. Hardly stats that deserve being written into the starting lineup. My guess is that Campbell starts at SS and Compton at 3B leaving Anderson and Simpson to battle it out at 2B.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious why you are willing to bet Borden starts for us? Last year he batted .220 and only started 8 games for a team that failed to make the tournament. Hardly stats that deserve being written into the starting lineup. My guess is that Campbell starts at SS and Compton at 3B leaving Anderson and Simpson to battle it out at 2B.
Because he hit .444 in the Covid shortened season and was the 146th overall recruit in his class. Highly rated player who has a ton of talent, but wasn't able to get significant time on his team sounds a lot like JHM. I could very well be wrong, but this is a player that I expect to come in and win a starting job, not sit on the bench and be a reserve.