Official Postgame: GT 23-Duke 20

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Step by step we move forward until we're of championship caliber.
Someone mentioned punt coverage not being good, I wonder if moving 3 punt protectors of size back towards the punter which Jason Semore did to try and stop the blocked punts in effect gives up some of the coverage and that might be part of what we're seeing. I did not get to see the game, sounds like we're playing better the last 2 weeks and beginning to look like real GTFB.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Step by step we move forward until we're of championship caliber.
Someone mentioned punt coverage not being good, I wonder if moving 3 punt protectors of size back towards the punter which Jason Semore did to try and stop the blocked punts in effect gives up some of the coverage and that might be part of what we're seeing. I did not get to see the game, sounds like we're playing better the last 2 weeks and beginning to look like real GTFB.
I wasn't able to watch the game and just watched a replay of that punt return. There was a pretty obvious hold that the refs missed which opened that play up.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
9F59EED0-4691-470B-BB11-F941B556817C.jpeg

GTCHE99

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey, looks like a positive opinion:

In one of many clutch plays by Gavin Stewart, Duke won the OT toss, and Stewart said “we’re gonna play down on the end with the band and our rowdy students”.

Oh, here’s another one:

Yeah, it was not a banner day for our punt team. 40 yard punt into the end zone (on 4th and 1 on Duke's side of the field), punt returned for an ?85? yard TD according to the announcers, and a second big return after the first.

I loved hearing Joe Hamilton in the background of the call! You can tell the energy around the program is on the way up!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
True but maybe we can cut him a little slack. He’s only been the ST coach for less than 2 weeks. Hard to undo 3+ years of crap in less than 14 days. Though I absolutely agree we need to get that figured out.
Players over running the returner and bad angles. Clean it up. Kicks without hang time lead to returns. Easily could have cost us that game. Conservative play calling was too predictable and couldn't make first downs when needed. Good win but should not have been that close.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, we won, but we still aren't a very good football team. Oth, we look like a football and act like a football team again. The rest of our difficulties can be addressed. We may not be able to solve our problems, but I now know we have leadership that will try to instead of continually making excuses and saying we look good when we don't.

That, sports fans, counts. and btw: