Official Craft Beer of GT Athletics

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow! I'm pretty excited by this news. I've been a home brewer for about 35 years and teach beer tasting classes for local microbrewers.

Vienna style lager is the original bottom-fermented lager beer in the world. It was invented by Anton Dreher in Austria in 1841 and is an amber lager of red-copper color and is my favorite style along with the closely related Munich Oktoberfest beer, which is "Märzen (March) beer brewed in the Vienna style" - timely because Oktoberfest starts September 16 with the brewery parades througgh Munich to the Wies'n meadow. They're stronger with mild hop bitterness and much more robust roasted malt flavor than the American style lager, which is close to a light Pilsener with pale color and less body and includes cheaper fermentable ingredients like rice. Vienna style disappeared for a while but oddly enough lived on for decades in the Mexican Negra Modelo beer, before the style was rediscovered by craft brewers and has made a triumphant return!

I can't wait to try this HELLAVIENNA Lager from New Realm Craft. Fantastic potential, and THIS is the type of creative marketing I want to see instead of all the 404 ATL crap! Reminds of Coca Cola's Ramblin' Rootbeer. I hope it is a great representative of the Vienna style, the world needs as many as it can get!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Wow! I'm pretty excited by this news. I've been a home brewer for about 35 years and teach beer tasting classes for local microbrewers.

Vienna style lager is the original bottom-fermented lager beer in the world. It was invented by Anton Dreher in Austria in 1841 and is an amber lager of red-copper color and is my favorite style along with the closely related Munich Oktoberfest beer, which is "Märzen (March) beer brewed in the Vienna style" - timely because Oktoberfest starts September 16 with the brewery parades througgh Munich to the Wies'n meadow. They're stronger with mild hop bitterness and much more robust roasted malt flavor than the American style lager, which is close to a light Pilsener with pale color and less body and includes cheaper fermentable ingredients like rice. Vienna style disappeared for a while but oddly enough lived on for decades in the Mexican Negra Modelo beer, before the style was rediscovered by craft brewers and has made a triumphant return!

I can't wait to try this HELLAVIENNA Lager from New Realm Craft. Fantastic potential, and THIS is the type of creative marketing I want to see instead of all the 404 ATL crap! Reminds of Coca Cola's Ramblin' Rootbeer. I hope it is a great representative of the Vienna style, the world needs as many as it can get!
I was just tasting my latest home brew and trying to explain to my wife that I have trouble describing what I’m tasting. It is a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone that has a bit of a bitter finish. From what I read, I may have mashed too long. Oh well, I guess I’ll drink this down and try again. 😃

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Taste profile? Does it taste like a 🍺 lager or does it taste like a pale 🍺 ale?

Or synthesis?
It is a Vienna Lager. In general, a "Vienna Lager ranges from copper to reddish brown in color. The beer is characterized by malty aroma and slight malt sweetness. The malt aroma and flavor should have a notable degree of toasted and/or slightly roasted malt character. Hop bitterness is low to medium-low."

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It is a Vienna Lager. In general, a "Vienna Lager ranges from copper to reddish brown in color. The beer is characterized by malty aroma and slight malt sweetness. The malt aroma and flavor should have a notable degree of toasted and/or slightly roasted malt character. Hop bitterness is low to medium-low."
Thanks! That’s helpful.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Picked up a six pack at the new relic brewery next to the illuminarium and had an early dinner. Ironically the Clemson Alumni association was having an event there. Place was flooded with orange.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I HATE MOST OF YOU!

Screenshot_20220904-220352_Chrome.jpg
803-260-7307

Smw357

Georgia Tech Fan
Would you buy it again if it wasn't GT labeled?
Admittedly, I am regularly more of a flavored water (Bud Light) fan but absolutely - pretty easy drinking but with a good taste profile. As my godfather (adopted dwag fan, we can’t all be perfect) said at dinner last night: “It tastes really good - if it were late November, this beer would be perfect for you thinking you had a chance against us”