Official: Brent Key is Georgia Tech Football's Head Coach

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
That's cool. I am curious, however. Why are you sharing this if you don't care anymore? Looking for validation or just trying to bring others down too? Not being snarky, I'm really curious about the motivation of coming to a fan site to say that you are no longer a fan.
I posted it as a combination of voicing my dissatisfaction with the state of the program and somewhat saying goodbye to a board I have been discussing and arguing with people on for over 9 years. I had no other ulterior motives.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I've watched the video clip of ADJB's announcement to the team several times. I've bookmarked it and will watch it again many times in the days to come.

But here's my question to one and all: What would the response of the players have been had any other coach walked into that room?

Polite applause?

I wonder how many guys thinking about the portal changed their minds in those few moments. Right now, the boys believe they can take on the world and that CBK is someone they're willing to follow into battle. He's loyal to them, and they're gonna be loyal to him. We'll need that kind of esprit de corps in the upcoming seasons because the road ahead will be difficult.

A final thought or two:

For those who understand what just happened, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't get it, no explanation is possible.

For my part, I'm done with these negative discussions and arguments. The die is cast - a job well done, IMO - and from now on, I'm only interested in threads that involve the positive steps being taken to BUILD the program - staff changes, recruiting, and fund-raising, etc.

As for the endless sniping from the losers, whiners and haters, I'm out.
Compare the room when CBK was announced to rumors I heard when B*** L*** had his first meeting with the team. It was posted that he told the players to take their hats off their heads and place two feet on the floor. I think this bodes well for CBK.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've watched the video clip of ADJB's announcement to the team several times. I've bookmarked it and will watch it again many times in the days to come.

But here's my question to one and all: What would the response of the players have been had any other coach walked into that room?

Polite applause?

I wonder how many guys thinking about the portal changed their minds in those few moments. Right now, the boys believe they can take on the world and that CBK is someone they're willing to follow into battle. He's loyal to them, and they're gonna be loyal to him. We'll need that kind of esprit de corps in the upcoming seasons because the road ahead will be difficult.

A final thought or two:

For those who understand what just happened, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't get it, no explanation is possible.

For my part, I'm done with these negative discussions and arguments. The die is cast - a job well done, IMO - and from now on, I'm only interested in threads that involve the positive steps being taken to BUILD the program - staff changes, recruiting, and fund-raising, etc.

As for the endless sniping from the losers, whiners and haters, I'm out.
I think the bigger thing to gain from this is someone understands marketing very well. They knew if we hire a coach the players knew and liked, that it would lead to this scene, and used it to promote the hiring. Any other coach would have been new to the players and they would understandably be polite and more in a wait and see mode.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I posted it as a combination of voicing my dissatisfaction with the state of the program and somewhat saying goodbye to a board I have been discussing and arguing with people on for over 9 years. I had no other ulterior motives.
You're still here..... just calm down, watch some games next year, see how you feel after a season.

Sincerely,

The guy who would've rage quit had we hired Deion or Chadwell

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That's cool. I am curious, however. Why are you sharing this if you don't care anymore? Looking for validation or just trying to bring others down too? Not being snarky, I'm really curious about the motivation of coming to a fan site to say that you are no longer a fan.
Sounds like he's heading to the Fan Portal. We all know what happens generally to those that enter it. Maybe he'll come back but perhaps we should just wish him well and good luck.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Better than you'd expect from Bark Madly

Deleted member 6494

What I get a kick out of are our fans that hear from their UGAG friends that “we made the right choice” and “we like Key”, etc. They really believe that ugag fans want something good for us!! Like our phrase is THWG. They want us to always be nothing, trust me. They may pretend they want a competitive rival, but they don’t. They already have several with their SEC brothers.

A lot of these same fans could not handle the ribbing from these same people about our “high school offense”. It’s like they live their lives caring what gaggers think or say.

It is what it is, now. I’m hoping against hope that BK can miraculously take us to great heights.
If I was the coach of UGA, I would make sure I beat Tech, but would work it so Key looked good so that the administration would choose Key. If I were the UGA coach, I would definitely want Key to remain as the Tech coach.

slugboy

Staff member
Better than you'd expect from Bark Madly

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

Deleted member 6494

I respect everyone’s opinion but have one of my own.
Brent Keys credentials aren’t shabby . He was in line to take George’s place at UCF before that went south. Sabin grabs him. While at Alabama he was recognized as the #1 recruiter in the country, his line won the Joe Moore award as the best line in the country and was part of national championships.
For anyone to think that Batt made a poor choice with this guy, it’s hard to imagine.
I hope people noticed the drastic improvement in the offensive line over the last 8 weeks. By the way, we started 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores against UGA.
1. This is an excellent financial hire.
2. It is a very good football decision.
3. This could turn into a great hire.
Yes, it would be foolish for Key to let the offensive line to remain dormant once he became the interim coach. Since Collins was gone, it was to Key's advantage for all the various components to start showing their real value. After all, Key was the assistant head coach and in line to replace Collins; it worked perfectly.

Deleted member 6494

You’re such a weird guy lol. Weren’t you supposed to leave the board like 2 weeks ago? Even left your (supposed) full name and email address to be used to aid in the deletion of your account.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. You left the KEY inside and he ain’t leaving anytime soon. See ya in 2025 when you come back after our Orange Bowl win to cap off an 11 win year
I hope you have sweet dreams instead of nightmares. Most dreams don't come true; only reality comes true.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I get it. The GTAA has been on a downhill slide since Homer Rice retired. Numerous bad decisions by school presidents and ADs. I'm frustrated with it too, and the light at the end of the tunnel can look like a freight train.

However, hiring Key was the right decision under the circumstances. While the circumstances aren't great, we have to do the best we can with what we have here in November of 2022. I believe they did that. The mistakes have come about over the last 20 years, and not the last 4 years as some believe, but we have to move on. We'll see where it goes from here and hope for the best.

Deleted member 6494

I think there's only like four of you so far. But anyway, can you really turn it on and off like that whenever you want? I found out that I really can't. Sometimes I get a cut or something and I'm always surprised that my blood isn't really yellow.

But anyway, it was nice to have you here. Feel free to PM me if you would like for your account to be deleted. We only do so upon request.
I have already requested it to be removed. I was surprised to find it still on the board; remove it please.