Offensive Game Plan

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we missed a MAJOR opportunity to showcase a new pro style innovative offense tonight with the nation’s eyes on us. The decision to go conservative, use CPJ’s run, run offense and his running QB was, imho, a stunning disappointment and poor decision by our coaches.

Personally, I think we would have been better served to play a different QB who was more pass oriented even if it didn’t’t work. Too many kids may see this same-old...same-old.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think we would have been better served to play a different QB who was more pass oriented even if it didn’t’t work.

We don't have one unless it's maybe the true freshmen, who no way in hell we should throw out there in this situation.

Also our OL can't pass block, and our WRs aren't getting separation. The QB us just one of the many problems we'll have passing.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
We don't have one unless it's maybe the true freshmen, who no way in hell we should throw out there in this situation.

Also our OL can't pass block, and our WRs aren't getting separation. The QB us just one of the many problems we'll have passing.
A. Brown got seperation there.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think we missed a MAJOR opportunity to showcase a new pro style innovative offense tonight with the nation’s eyes on us. The decision to go conservative, use CPJ’s run, run offense and his running QB was, imho, a stunning disappointment and poor decision by our coaches.

Personally, I think we would have been better served to play a different QB who was more pass oriented even if it didn’t’t work. Too many kids may see this same-old...same-old.

You should be our coach. We’d be up 38-0 currently and also we’d have showcased style points for the nation to admire. We’re so lucky you’re here posting for us to be honest. Thank you.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What exactly is a pro style offense and why do so few teams run it in college football? IF you wnt us to throw it more then we need to go find a pro offense line to stop Clemson
The part of the UCLA-Cincinnati game I watched had much more entertaining offensive plays...tons of misdirection, passing...short, medium, and occasionally long...never knew what was coming next. For the 1st half, I called every play right.....run, run, incomplete pass or QB scramble, punt. Zero imagination.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You should be our coach. We’d be up 38-0 currently and also we’d have showcased style points for the nation to admire. We’re so lucky you’re here posting for us to be honest. Thank you.
Cute. My point is that we need to make our offense look interesting and exciting....instead it looked predictable and dull. Personally I think my approach might have reulted in a worse loss, but maybe a more interesting one....gotta think longer term than just one game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last year our offense scored 14 .

3 big mistakes and no body that can pass.

We have learned a lot.

Going to be fun when playing non factories.

Animal02

Banned

Well, you can thank the ACCN that much of the nations eyes did not see it.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow

Co-sign. Huge wasted opportunity to show a huge audience (not as huge, thanks to some cable providers and Disney playing hardball) the "new" GT. They looked like the same team as last year except with a new spark plug coach with a WH cup.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

It was not CPJ's offense but our run game coordinator's.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I need to re-watch the game, had a kiddo running amuck in the house. But I think Coach P is smarter than we are giving him credit for because of something I saw. But I'll reserve judgement after the next few weeks.

The snarky side of me will say, "Geez, what a great offense ... it consisted of 22 QB keepers ..." :ROFLMAO:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
shotgun, hurry up, spread, the same look as 100 other D1 teams. which means now instead of getting asked if our guys' skill can translate from 3O to a NFL style offense, they'll get asked the same question as the other 100 teams about ... whether their hurry up no huddle, spread, zone option sprinkled in will translate into the NFL, where the pocket passer is still king.
other than the 2 minute drill, when do NFL teams run what we had out there tonight in terms of all things other than play calling? that's not a NFL offense. that's the NCAA offense, as coined by someone who ran neither.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
shotgun, hurry up, spread, the same look as 100 other D1 teams. which means now instead of getting asked if our guys' skill can translate from 3O to a NFL style offense, they'll get asked the same question as the other 100 teams about ... whether their hurry up no huddle, spread, zone option sprinkled in will translate into the NFL, where the pocket passer is still king.
other than the 2 minute drill, when do NFL teams run what we had out there tonight in terms of all things other than play calling? that's not a NFL offense. that's the NCAA offense, as coined by someone who ran neither.

We ran plays that our Qbs are best suited to handle. We'll run more of an NFL look whenever have a different mold of QB; just look at who we are trying to recruit...it isn't JG, TO, LJ types. The offense we are running today, and will run this season isn't the longterm vision for what the staff wants to run on the Flats