Off Season How well do you know Georgia Tech Football

How did you get those numbers? I counted every game up to and including 1970 from the GT media guide. This includes the two war year games.
Total number of games is 65. I counted 29 for Tech 31 for the bad guys, with 5 ties.
I did the same thing you did, and I just checked it again. Every time I do it, I seem to come up with something different. Now it looks like the last time we led the series was in 1963, when we led it 27 - 26. That, in fact, was the only time since it was tied 11-11 in 1929 that Tech led the series.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
1. I was at that FSU game. If memory serves, I seem to recall Shawn Jones didn't finish the game. A BIG if. I think we were hitting the bourbon pretty hard before the game and had some in the stands also, so I may be completely off in this one. I seem to remember we were in a comfortable lead in the 4th and lost it at the end there.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I did the same thing you did, and I just checked it again. Every time I do it, I seem to come up with something different. Now it looks like the last time we led the series was in 1963, when we led it 27 - 26. That, in fact, was the only time since it was tied 11-11 in 1929 that Tech led the series.
And here I was thinking that you just looked at all your diaries going back to the 1890s...

;)

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Supersizethatorder-mutt said:

And here I was thinking that you just looked at all your diaries going back to the 1890s...

;)
Maybe he took a shot of whiskey clear every time he did it. Ands that’s why he came up with something different every time.

slugboy

Staff member
I was at the FSU game too. Two on-side kicks recovered by FSU. They were BS calls by the refs. Then we recovered the on-side kick on our turn and they gave it to FSU. Refs helped FSU in that game as much as Charlie Ward did. At least that's how I choose to remember it.
Funny, I remember it the same way.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the FSU game too. Two on-side kicks recovered by FSU. They were BS calls by the refs. Then we recovered the on-side kick on our turn and they gave it to FSU. Refs helped FSU in that game as much as Charlie Ward did. At least that's how I choose to remember it.

I had a pretty good line of sight on the second one and thought we recovered. To add to the mess, up until that game, Charley Ward had been giving away interceptions all season. That day, the light came on for him and he went on to win the Heisman. If he'd have thrown us just one pick, that would have put the game out of reach for them.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I had a pretty good line of sight on the second one and thought we recovered. To add to the mess, up until that game, Charley Ward had been giving away interceptions all season. That day, the light came on for him and he went on to win the Heisman. If he'd have thrown us just one pick, that would have put the game out of reach for them.
Y'all now I'm going to have nightmares about that game all over again :ROFLMAO: . Was also in the stands and the switch the fast break offense for Ward won him the Heisman (he deserved it, I just mean he and it fit like a glove).

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
At my house when I do that the wife calls it a senior moment.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was there too. I thought we recovered the first on sides kick but there was a procedure penalty against them that we couldn't refuse so they rekicked and they recovered the ball on that one. They went shotgun and it was so successful they stayed with it that year. Ward was quite a player.