Ode to a former forum

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hi guys. Took me a while but I found the best of the remaining boards (after looking at the other two). I'm not surprised that Jim pulled the plug; what surprised me is how long it took.

Boomergump is here and Lex and Mack and DCS and BuzzWax and (hopefully) Steebu ...... like homecoming for me.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi guys. Took me a while but I found the best of the remaining boards (after looking at the other two). I'm not surprised that Jim pulled the plug; what surprised me is how long it took.

Boomergump is here and Lex and Mack and DCS and BuzzWax and (hopefully) Steebu ...... like homecoming for me.

Welcome aboard Nuke! :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For example, if I had characterized the two parts of the fan base as the thoughtful, rational folk who don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water on the one side and the, for lack of a better description, "the infants and senile" on the other, I'm not sure claiming, "I said, 'for lack of a better description;' calm down" would make that framing of the debate any less offensive.

You do realize that baby is about to be 7 years old and should be heading into 2nd grade, right? Let's hope we didn't let that "baby" wallow in that stagnant bath water for 7 years...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Glad you finally made it Nuke!

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Nuke is here. Time to start the party.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nuke is here. Time to start the party.

Yup, the keg is still alive here. I have gotten a lot of work done on the deck and garage since GTSportsTalk closed down. Go figure.

Looking forward to this year, but no plans to drive 600 miles to the games - we made every game last year. But I would fly to the Orange Bowl again if we make it - Key West is great in early January!

Also looking forward to doing some stats on the class once it's finalized. We are currently 58th in total class points and 49th in average stars. Kind of bodes for another year where we finish 40th like this year. Hope springs eternal.

Animal02

Banned
Yup, the keg is still alive here. I have gotten a lot of work done on the deck and garage since GTSportsTalk closed down. Go figure.

Looking forward to this year, but no plans to drive 600 miles to the games - we made every game last year. But I would fly to the Orange Bowl again if we make it - Key West is great in early January!

Also looking forward to doing some stats on the class once it's finalized. We are currently 58th in total class points and 49th in average stars. Kind of bodes for another year where we finish 40th like this year. Hope springs eternal.

The Pitt game should not be that far of a hike....... ;)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Eric and friends have done a great job at telling us who we may or may not get next year.To me thats the best part of the board since the rest is just opinions on PJ,uniforms.play calling and recruiting ..all boards seem to have the opinion situation but this is a different board due to recruiting.I am old school as you know and look at game day and how we played and dont see much on who we get to play for Tech but Eric and friends do give you a picture of how we line up vs other folks..I like this.........good job.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Come on in Nuke.....the waters fine.Like to see mature aged tech fans on this board............mature being the key word rather than..........old fart.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can we let this thread die please?...Hart is a tool. The only good thing about his site was the people who posted to it...thankfully most of them are here now.