Ode to a former forum

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
It is the difference between saying "That was a dumb decision" and saying "He is an idiot." Don't do the latter and try and keep the former to a minimum is the rule I am understanding. Great that you are working on setting up a game day chat John. Thanks.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
It is the difference between saying "That was a dumb decision" and saying "He is an idiot." Don't do the latter and try and keep the former to a minimum is the rule I am understanding. Great that you are working on setting up a game day chat John. Thanks.
Only unless you can back up your statements with facts/stats

Mack

Helluva Engineer
LOL. I can see it now:

"CPJ took the Lindbergh baby."
"CPJ killed Kennedy, then helped the government conceal it."
"CPJ is responsible for urban blight and drug culture".
"CPJ helped Sherman burn Atlanta."
"CPJ is responsible for Transformers 2 AND 3."

No. Just no.
Gosh you mean he didnt do all the things posted above ? goes both ways.You either like him or you dont and doubt that will change.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so mack, that mess ain't smiled upon here like it was on Jim's board.
I would hope so my friend but still somewhere when a decision is wrong or not appropriate for the team you should be able to comment on it.So far no big problem but it should be a discussion based on fact and ......not emotion.Folks have treated me well and I have not even posted on those horrid unis we wear.I want to make my comments directly on a scheme,a play,recruiting,coaching error and recruiting.I ,like others,have no use for personal attacks on a guy but will say when you make the big bucks and are a public figure you know they are coming.Just football and no personalities will fit me to a T.

gtdrew

Banned
OK my bad. I guess im over interpreting things
If you wanna say CPJ is utterly incompetent, I'm gonna need to see some numbers/facts/something more than "I don't like him/his offense/his mama dresses him funny."

Saying, "I didn't like that toss sweep call on 1st and 10" is acceptable w no numbers. Fair enough?

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
If you wanna say CPJ is utterly incompetent, I'm gonna need to see some numbers/facts/something more than "I don't like him/his offense/his mama dresses him funny."

Saying, "I didn't like that toss sweep call on 1st and 10" is acceptable w no numbers. Fair enough?
OK thanks for clarifying

When you did see some numbers you or someone else deleted them.

Did you really want to see the numbers or were you just saying something.

TraderJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It was a fun board for a while. A lot of good information and several knowledgable posters. But if you didn't have the same opinions as the lynch mob (Yukon, Jim, foggy) you were a pansy, accepted mediocrity and is the reason Tech sucks. And if you didn't call for PJ's head or e-mailed the AD, you were a PJ lover. And if you were optimistic you were a liar. It got old.

Foggy would call PJ a ***** and other names which I thought was over the top. If you want him fired I get it but really? Talking like that about someone you don't know because your expectations aren't being met. And foggy would send me DM's and would call me names which is kind of weird. He seemed like an angry person. I just don't get too heated anymore with football. With a wife and a baby on the way, there are more important things in life than a game that I'm not even involved with.

I liked reading Helluva's opinions. Even though a lot of people thought he was negative, I always thought he had good points and knowledge.
Is Helluva on here??

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
mr.wrestling1-2_t180.jpg

and how 'bout these cats:
Dusty_Rhodes.png
andersons200x250.jpg
hall_of_fame_ric_flair.jpg
Tim Woods, or Mr. Wrestling #1 and Jim Turner, or Mr. Wrestlilng #2.

Dusty, the American Dream, Rhodes, and the Anderson Brothers......

Arn Anderson was my boss at Warehouse Groceries one summer before college. His real name is Marty Lundy. He really lucked out that he looked so much like the Anderson brothers that he became one.

Yes, I am really OLD!!

I even remember Pak Song and Jack Brisco. LOL