Ode to a former forum

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Gents,

I've cleaned up this thread because it was starting to turn into one of those "Pro-CPJ vs. Anti-CPJ" threads and we all know how those type of threads turn out. If you really want to have one of those threads, there are plenty of other threads here that discussed the exact same topic or you're also welcome to create your own thread.
John ,agree with personal attacks on members and pJ but this is a football blog and when we make mistakes on the field etc or bad call etc what do we do.Not trying to be funny but it is hard to just deal with the positive on every topic.For instance when we blow a punt return what do we do ? When we go for it on fourth and eight in first quarter what do we do ? Seriously just trying to get the rules stright. Send me a PM if you would..thanks.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
John ,agree with personal attacks on members and pJ but this is a football blog and when we make mistakes on the field etc or bad call etc what do we do.Not trying to be funny but it is hard to just deal with the positive on every topic.For instance when we blow a punt return what do we do ? When we go for it on fourth and eight in first quarter what do we do ? Seriously just trying to get the rules stright. Send me a PM if you would..thanks.
Hey Mack, great question. See this post here. I'm open to discussing it (in that thread though, not this one ;)).

foggy

Georgia Tech Fan
Nope, we're not related to any other site.
I didn't mean as a new hive, I meant that you could not say anything negative about the HC or assistants? I would agree about players, those guys leave it all on the field.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I didn't mean as a new hive, I meant that you could not say anything negative about the HC or assistants? I would agree about players, those guys leave it all on the field.
I think you're asking the same question that Mack already asked so I'll refer you to the same post. Did you read this post?

gtdrew

Banned
It seems like some of you want carte blanche to criticize the coaching staff. I think we're fine with criticism, but not with insults or baseless accusations. Like I said earlier, you want to criticize? Fine. But don't expect to be taken seriously or free from reprimand if you have no data to back up your claims OR an idea of how to fix it.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys, been away from all boards for awhile since Jim shutdown?? Had an account here for some time just haven't posted, good to see a lot of the other board members have found their way here too. Go Jackets!!

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
Glad this board is here. I was with the old board since canchan and I guess it is not working no more. I don't know if the UGA game sent Jim over the edge.

Did anybody (cheese, boomer, etc) actually know Jim and had a chance to talk to him? He basically started trolling his own board at the end which was strange. I am also surprised he didn't have make a post or change to the webpage to a "site offline due to operating costs" message up.

Anyways, I like this boards format and the tracking of recruiting information. I have always thought a college football board should maintain its own roster, depth chart, commitments, etc and have post related to such. Seems like this site is on the right track.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
[quogy, post: 18957, member: 273"]I didn't mean as a new hive, I meant that you could not say anything negative about the HC or assistants? I would agree about players, those guys leave it all on the field.[/quote]
Foggy, what's left to say negative about CPJ that you haven't said? ;)

gtdrew

Banned
That's it! We need a thread for criticisms of CPJ that haven't been said already.
LOL. I can see it now:

"CPJ took the Lindbergh baby."
"CPJ killed Kennedy, then helped the government conceal it."
"CPJ is responsible for urban blight and drug culture".
"CPJ helped Sherman burn Atlanta."
"CPJ is responsible for Transformers 2 AND 3."

No. Just no.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
LOL. I can see it now:

"CPJ took the Lindbergh baby."
"CPJ killed Kennedy, then helped the government conceal it."
"CPJ is responsible for urban blight and drug culture".
"CPJ helped Sherman burn Atlanta."
"CPJ is responsible for Transformers 2 AND 3."

No. Just no.
Lol. I was thinking it would be an empty thread.